Review of Bad Bishop

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Helen Akoth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-akoth.html
Latest Review: A Submissive Journey-Second Semester by Richard Read

Review of Bad Bishop

Post by Helen Akoth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Bad Bishop" by Earl James.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Bad Bishop: A Morrow’s Con Story is a gripping novel by Earl James. In this third book of the series, the main character, Morrow, finds himself in yet another con. One day while driving, Morrow finds a nun involved in an accident. A rugged man hits the nun's car from behind and pushes it into an intersection and oncoming traffic, after which he dashes before the police officers arrive. Upon analyzing this, being a master of human behavior, Morrow thinks this is unnatural; there has to be some foul play. Anyway, he decides to help the shaken, injured nun back to the convent, where he quickly learns that the convent's finances are in dire straits and some opportunistic developer wants to buy the church's land. An idea hits him. Who is he kidding? He can help. With his trusted team of con artists, Morrow embarks on another eventful con to save the church, a mission more personal than anyone can realize. The deadline is tight.

This is one of those books that send you rooting for the main character. The protagonist, Morrow, is an intelligent bad criminal who commands respect and admiration from his team and readers. Not long into the story, I became invested in his plans, values, and ideologies. I began asking myself why this bad criminal suddenly decided to help the church. Maybe he wasn't that bad after all. I enjoyed every moment of him in this gripping novel.

Furthermore, I liked the tension and thrill through Morrow and the team's cons. They participate in highly dangerous missions, where one could get hurt easily, but Morrow's great leadership skills give you the confidence that nothing bad could befall them. Morrow was extremely calm under pressure and displayed no weaknesses before his team. His team looked up to him and counted on his directions. Besides that, the plot had turns and twists, most concentrated toward the end. There were several action-packed, adrenaline-filled moments, but most of the time, it was a game of IQ (survival of the smartest). The characters were diverse and played their roles perfectly. The wrap-up was excellent and showed yet another of Morrow's outstanding leadership skills. It is no surprise that Morrow was my favorite character, as he spiced every turn of this wonderful novel.

Overall, there was absolutely nothing I disliked about this book. I found no errors, indicating it was exceptionally well-edited. Therefore, I am glad to give it the highest rating of five out of five stars. Earl James' work effortlessly makes you invested in the plot and the characters. What can one wish for in an excellent novel?

I highly recommend this book to readers who like stories where a bad guy embarks on a good mission. This book contains profanities, and except for readers who can be affected by such, I can't think of anyone who may consider skipping it. I am glad I discovered the author and look forward to reading the other two books of the series.

Bad Bishop
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

Thanks for your review! Even though the premise of this book sounds like it's reworked from a popular movie series, it does sound like an entertaining read.
Stephanie Stones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonchika.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Stephanie Stones »

This is an interesting and well thought of review. I would love to try out this book and know more about the fascinating things in it. This is an interesting storyline.
Adeoluwa Adebusuyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeoluwa-adebusuyi.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Adeoluwa Adebusuyi »

This is a good and well written review. You captured all the important components of the book and I would definitely love to try out this book. Well done.
Favour Hillz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hillz.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Favour Hillz »

This review is well detailed and captivating. It contains the important information about the book. I'm looking forward to reading this book. Thanks for a wonderful review.
reviewerbook17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerbook17.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by reviewerbook17 »

I like stories filled with missions and I would love fo see more about this book. Thank you for this review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The City We Became
Bookshelf Size: 425
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by NetMassimo »

This series seems to create interesting stories with a criminal as their protagonist and some chess inspirations judging from title and cover. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”