Review of Malik's Revenge

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shanesha Sammerson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 234
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanesha-sammerson.html
Latest Review: Return to Reality by Mark O'Dell

Review of Malik's Revenge

Post by Shanesha Sammerson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Malik's Revenge" by Les Haswell.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Les Haswell's novel Malik's Revenge is a thrilling tale of a retired special operative, Alan Brodie, who gets caught in the middle of a drug cartel's operation while trying to purchase a bar/restaurant. The story is a page-turner with a lot of action, suspense, and unexpected twists that keep the reader engaged throughout the book.

The author has done a fantastic job of creating characters that are both relatable and intriguing. Alan Brodie, the protagonist, is a man who has seen it all in his past life as a special operative. He is retired and looking for a new challenge, which he finds in the form of buying a bar/restaurant. However, his plans are derailed when he discovers that the bar is being used by a drug cartel as a distribution point. Brodie is a character who is brave, smart, and resourceful, and the reader can't help but root for him.

The other main character, Malik, is a police officer who teams up with Brodie to bring down the drug cartel. She is smart, strong-willed, and beautiful, and there is a hint of a possible romantic relationship between her and Brodie. The chemistry between the two characters is palpable, and the author has done an excellent job of building their relationship in a way that feels natural and organic.

The plot of the book is well-crafted, with a lot of suspenseful moments and unexpected twists. The author keeps the reader engaged throughout the book by introducing new elements to the story and keeping the pace fast and exciting. The action scenes are well-written and thrilling, and the reader can feel the tension and danger on every page.

The author's incorporation of Brodie's combat and defense talents is one of the book's strengths. The reader is shown how to effectively disarm and defend themselves against armed attackers. The author has done substantial research on the subject, and his writing style reflects this. However, this should never be employed in a real-life circumstance. The only drawback to this book was that it had numerous errors and needed to be professionally edited. This resulted in a one-star reduction, resulting in a rating of 4 out of 5 stars.

In conclusion, Malik's Revenge is a thrilling and entertaining read that will appeal to fans of action and suspense novels. The characters are well-developed and relatable, and the plot is exciting and unpredictable. The author has done an excellent job of keeping the reader engaged throughout the book, and the ending is satisfying and leaves room for a possible sequel. Overall, I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for an exciting and well-written thriller.

Malik's Revenge
View: on Bookshelves
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Uncharted Desires by Jillian Sharp
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Laney K »

I am a pretty big fan of thrillers, so this is most likely a book that I would enjoy!
Yasmine M
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

I enjoyed reading this review, it reminded me that this is my favorite type of book. A well-written thriller, an exciting page-turner. Both Brodie and Malik are interesting characters. Before reading the book I can tell they will manage to bring down the drug cartel. The thrill is in the how!
ojukwu2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojukwu2.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by ojukwu2 »

It's always interesting to come across such wonderful reviews. Adding this book to my bookshelf ASAP for possible reading in the future. Kudos.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging thriller with a story that gets developed piece by piece keeping the readers' attention throughout the novel. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”