Review of The Union

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
fav_author_id: 77547

Review of The Union

Post by Alex Reeves »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Union" by Peter David Perry.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Doing business with any organization that has questionable legitimacy always has repercussions, and that is sadly the case for Chris Vincent, the owner of a computer software business in Albany. The Union by Peter David Perry tells of Chris’s business involvement with Local 4, a reputable union in the New York district. After being recommended by his close Italian friend, Sonny Russo, Chris gets a contract to install new software for Local 4, as their former software developer has been missing for some time. However, the FBI had some suspicions pertaining to the activities of the union, and Chris realizes that working for them has its consequences, and he acknowledges the fact that it is more than just business but also about trust and loyalty.

Despite it being public knowledge that the union may be engaging in illegitimate business under the cover of legal services like construction, Chris makes a significant decision to continue his services for the union, all the while protecting himself and making sure he completes his job as legitimately as he can. Will he be able to implement the new software and fulfill the union's wishes all the while making sure he betrays neither the FBI nor the union, or will he cave in to the threats of the Bureau and risk his life and all he has worked for? Check out this fast-paced, electrifying action thriller to find out.

The most notable thing about this book that first struck me was the author’s attention to detail. He made sure to go into well-detailed explanations about the subject matter of the book, including Italian immigration and how the Union came to be. He portrayed relatable characters that simply had goals and made sure to achieve them despite all challenges. This book has a very intriguing plot, and the storyline carries a certain attachment that kept me glued to it for a long time.

This book was very long, and although it took me quite a while to complete it, I wouldn’t trade the experience of reading it for anything. I learned a lot of important lessons from this book, particularly about trust, loyalty, and, most importantly, people. This book was written by an experienced person, one who has been through a lot and has a lot of stories to share. The book was thrilling, and the action was nothing short of exhilarating.

This book boasts of many positive aspects, and apart from the fact that it was too lengthy, there was nothing particularly negative about it. It contained only a few errors, and the editors certainly did a professional job of editing this book. Reading this thriller certainly had some advantages, as right about now, I feel more informed as to the workings of the Union and the FBI.

From my standpoint, and due to my above statements, there is no reason for me to rate this book less than perfect. All said and done, I appropriately rate this book 5 out of 5 stars, and I believe that anyone who is interested in the subject matter of this book wouldn’t feel less about it. I recommend it to action lovers, particularly those interested in crime books involving law enforcement agencies searching for reasons to put people behind bars.

The Union
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted to bear.”
Marcus Aurelius :tiphat:
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

We all take advice from others at some time, don’t we? However, we are all ultimately responsible for the decisions that we make. I’m sorry that Chris is having problems. This is a great review. It made me want to read this.
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Aswin3848 »

The review is on point and mentions everything a reader would want to know about the book. We can feel pity with the protagonists of such books but at the same time they are responsible for the decisions taken by them.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

I don't mind long books if they contains substance, as this one seems to be. Defining it as a crime thriller might be simplistic considering the blend of many elements that form it. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Rob Carr
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rob-carr.html
Latest Review: 5 Systems of Successful People by Scotty Schindler

Post by Rob Carr »

Thanks for the great review. Good to know the length is worth it for this book!
:idea: Rob Carr :idea:

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”