Review of The Last Ark

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
David Chijindu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee

Review of The Last Ark

Post by David Chijindu »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Last Ark" by Guy Morris.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In any mission, there is a goal. The goal may be difficult or easy. During the process of this mission, we meet different people who may want us to succeed or fail. It is left to the person handling the mission to employ the strategies they would use to overcome their enemies. 

The Last Ark: Lost Secrets of Qumran by Guy Morris is a book on Derek Taylor's mission to recover the Sophisticated Language Virtual Intelligence Algorithm known as the SLVIA. The Sophisticated Language Virtual Intelligence Algorithm is a highly developed artificial intelligence program capable of predicting the future, but it went missing in the lab. Most of the predictions that the SLVIA made came true. It made the government and Spy Net Online frantically seek the SLVIA back. Derek Taylor went to the convent church in Tomar because he received information that Olavo Silva knew the location of the SLVIA. Unfortunately, Olavo Silva was killed by an attacker in Tomar who thought he was Derek Taylor. Olavo Silva dropped a note for Derek Taylor, which was unclear but with the help of Jason Morrison, Derek Taylor tried to interpret the note and the attacker after him. Read the 83 chapters of the book to learn more about Derek Taylor's mission to recover the SLVIA.

I like some aspects of the book. The author wrote down the meaning of all scientific terms used in the book. For instance, on page 16, the full meaning of SLVIA (Sophisticated Language Virtual Intelligence Algorithm) is given, and on page 18, the full meaning of CISA (Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency) is given. The progression of the book was fantastic from the first to the last chapter of the book. I love how the author connects all the stories in the book, from the incident at Tomar to when Derek was taken to the hospital in Cyprus for treatment. One thing I commend the author for is how he combines different topics. For instance, topics on cyber security, artificial intelligence, security, politics and hacking. It shows the author is very creative and intelligent. I love how the author shows readers that artificial intelligence is not above human beings, using the tale of Nelson Garrett.

I did not like some aspects of the book. I found it difficult to understand how Nelson Garrett escaped jail in Ethiopia. The author should have given detailed information on it. The army surrounded Nelson Garrett, and the attacker was able to find Salem. I want the author to explain how Nelson Garrett escaped the Ethiopian jail.

The book was interesting. My favourite character in the book was Derek Taylor. He plays an important, educational and exciting role in the book. I found no error in the book, so it is exceptionally well-edited. Due to the aspects of the book I like, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars and recommend it to anyone who wants to read an adventurous book with a combination of stories on artificial intelligence, security, hacking and politics.

The Last Ark
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I don’t really understand the title of the book, but I am very interested in reading it. I have always been a fan of artificial intelligence. I am fascinated by its potential to do things that humans can’t, or don’t want to. I can also see the potential for misuse of this technology.
Chris Agbara
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub

Post by Chris Agbara »

I have always being a tech fan and I really like to get this book. Thanks for the review.
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.
John Kingsley Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-kingsley-ken.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by John Kingsley Ken »

Surely a vital mission will bring into reality striving and determination, but all that matters is focusing on the goal and achieving it. Great review .
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Aswin3848 »

books related to tech and AI will be a norm with what we are predicting today. Would love to read this one just for the love of new gen technology.
Anand_jah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Anand_jah »

The remarkable debut book "The Last Ark" features a compelling story, a richly detailed environment, and well-developed characters. Fans of post-apocalyptic fiction will find it to be an interesting and thought-provoking read. The ability displayed in this book, which comes from an up-and-coming author, shows a lot of promise for future literary pursuits.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”