Review of The 7th Vice

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Review of The 7th Vice

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The 7th Vice" by Carmine Piro.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

As Carmine did in the prologue, I have often reflected on my life. There are things I did that I thought were the best, but after a while, when I look back, I wish I had done better. The 7th Vice by Carmine Piro is a story of crime, power, gambling, and drugs. The story expresses the meaning of evil pleasures and how Carmine lived his life. After Carmine lost his father, he was living with his mother, Mrs. Piro, and the young boy needed to survive; he had dropped out of school during his senior year. On their way to the school reunion, Joey decided to branch off to make a quick pickup for Angelo, which changed their intentions for the night and their lives altogether. 

Joey's boss in the drug business, Anthony, and Angelo visited Carmine, and Angelo spoke with him privately to persuade him to work for them. Carmine soon agreed with the offer with the consent of his friend Joey. The duo became drug dealers and began to run a club. Carmine was progressing in the business, but his friend was later cut off. As he progressed, he was introduced to new friends, and he became the favorite of Don Cerretti. Find out in this book what led to Joey's dismissal, the turn of events between him and Carmine, how Carmine thrived, and what the vice means.

The book comprises one hundred and forty-eight pages and twenty chapters. Through the chapters, the author narrates how he became immersed in illegal business, gambling, and sexual immorality. Understanding how a young life can be manipulated through desires, power, and money will require insight. The life of Carmine is a great example to learn from. I understood from the book that the more you are exposed to the evil world and its benefits, the more it becomes difficult to back out. There is a recurrent theme of loyalty and its reward in the book.

The book exposes one to the world of the big boys and how their game is played. I wondered if Carmine would have gotten himself involved in such a life if his father hadn't died. I so much love how the author described the events in the book and also appreciate the progressiveness of the author's style.

The book has many inconsistencies, irregularities, and incoherences. Sometimes, the author's information can become confusing, and I dislike this about the book. In the concluding part of chapter two, the author wrote earlier that Carmine and Joey arrived almost simultaneously with Frankie and Santino. Still, chapter three says Joey was surprised to see his two friends inside.

The book was professionally edited because the errors are fewer, although profane words are frequent. I will rate the book four out of five stars for the reasons mentioned above. I recommend the book to lovers of crime thrillers, young adults and adults, desiring to make the right decisions with their lives, and willing to learn from the experiences of others. 

The 7th Vice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chris Agbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub

Post by Chris Agbara »

Quite an honest review! I guess the author needs to make further improvement on the book.
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It's hard to tell what would have happened in different circumstances. There are so many factors involved. If it had been my dad, though, he would have made sure i stayed in school.
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

The more immersed you are into a thing, the harder it is to let go, be it good or bad. And once you have reaped any benefits whatsoever, it is even harder to let go.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

Wow, I can see that you put a lot of thought into your review, and it's evident that you took the time to read the book carefully. I appreciate that you pointed out the grammatical errors you found, as it helps potential readers to know what to expect in terms of editing quality.
reviewerbook17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerbook17.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by reviewerbook17 »

You really put a lot of deep and none spoiler details in your review and I would love to read the book.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

Carmine sounds like an interesting character. He seems to have gone through a great upheaval. I would love to read more about him in this engrossing tale. Thanks for the lovely review.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

It’s clear that you put a lot of thought in your review. The summary is well written and detailed. Going into drug business as a young boy is quite a lot. I’ll love to read this novel to see how it all ends.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

I know it must have been hard for carmine when he lost his father, the father was supposed to be his provider.
He must have had it tough. Thanks for this
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

Carmine seems to have time through a lot from childhood, but circumstances made him a victim. Nice review
Nadia Stroman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nadia Stroman »

I love this book
Chee Amaka
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chee-amaka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Chee Amaka »

It takes approximately 21 days for a routine to become a habit. Hence, when a thing is done for long, it becomes difficult to let go. This book seems like an interesting read. Nice review.
Chee Amaka
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chee-amaka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Chee Amaka »

It takes approximately 21 days for a routine to become a habit. Hence, when a thing is done for long, it becomes difficult to let go. This book seems like an interesting read. Nice review.
Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin
Favorite Book: The Inner CEO
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boluwatife-ade-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 4%

Post by Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin »

Anything we are exposed to have effects on our lives not to talk if it brings benefits that seems good. Everytime people get involved in bad things because of the benefit forgetting the damage it will do to their life. This is a wonderful review.
Geofrey Kebira
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geofrey-kebira.html
Latest Review: Let it Be by Thomas Grady

Post by Geofrey Kebira »

I loved books filled with crime and drugs themes. Sounds like my kind of book. Thank you for your honest review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”