March BOTM ~ Official Review: Eating Bull by Carrie Rubin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Re: March BOTM ~ Official Review: Eating Bull by Carrie Rubin

Post by mrlefty0706 »

This is a story about an obese teenager named Jeremy, his weight management clinician named Sue and a serial killer named Darwin. Jeremy is obese because of his diet so his overweight mother takes him to a weight management clinic where he meets a team of clinicians that can help Jeremy change his ways. Meanwhile there is an active serial killer targeting obese people. This book is educational and a psychological thriller since there is a serial killer on the loose. Very good review.
Stellah Chege
Currently Reading: Black Hat/White Hat: A tale of Good is Evil
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stellah-chege.html
Latest Review: Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem by Dr. Frank L. Douglas

Post by Stellah Chege »

This book sounds like the thriller that one needs in life. I am also impressed to see the inclusion of a Public Health officer in a story since that's what I have trained for. I'd love to know how the suing goes and I might learn a thing or two. Great review
Dent Odhiambo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dent-odhiambo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Dent Odhiambo »

:hand: I never understand why people bully others. This seems interesting. The books plot is also unique. Great review its detailed.
Zaynnie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaynnie.html
Latest Review: The Weed Lady by Shea R Embry

Post by Zaynnie »

I've read books about serial killers and why they choose their victims but I've never read one where the killer specifically target obese people, I really want to know his reason for doing that. I'll love to read this book and know more about the characters. Thanks for the great review
Shaesta Parween
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaesta-parween.html
Latest Review: Winners and Losers in Words and Cartoons by Arthur Hartz
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Shaesta Parween »

A psychological drama of an obese adolescent being bullied at school is an entertaining novel to read. The book covers a wide range of topics and shifts between multiple points of view. This is an excellent book for men who appreciate psychological thrillers and creepy settings. Great review. 
Karen Gurtiza
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karen-gurtiza.html
Latest Review: A Walk in the Twilight by John J Bosco Jr.

Post by Karen Gurtiza »

I wanna thank the reviewer for this phrase, "...this might not be the book for you".
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

This thriller has a lot going on, losing weight, suing a company, pursuing a serial killer, and so on. It sounds like an exciting read and I am curious about the ending. Congrats on BOTD.
Ella Oyieko
Favorite Book: The Mindset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ella-oyieko.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ella Oyieko »

Very precise! I love thrillers on serial killers so this is a must read for me.
Miss_BeckyG
Currently Reading: Behind Broken Glass Walls
Bookshelf Size: 1129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-beckyg.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Miss_BeckyG »

I enjoyed the book review and this being a psychological thriller got my interest piqued. The story is centered around an obese teenager but there's so much to learn. The serial killer angle amps the thrill. I look forward to finding out how it all ends. Thank you for your interesting review.
“ Ego says, "Once everything falls into place, I'll feel peace." Spirit says "Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place." ”
Marianne Williamson
Celestine Lee
Favorite Author: Dan Brown
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celestine-lee.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger
fav_author_id: 2452

Post by Celestine Lee »

Thank you for the review! This book sounds perfect for my first time reading psychological thrillers! I can relate to the MC about not being in control of my urges though mine is not over food. I also like the way you wrote the review, easy to understand, plenty of descriptions and humor!
Atieno Magero
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

This book has one hell of a storyline. I'm looking forward to reading this book to find out what happens to Jeremy and how things will unfold. Congratulations on making book of the day!
Linus G
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linus-g.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Linus G »

From the review, I felt the book was boring until I got to the part about the serial killer who was out for obese people. I love those kind of thrillers and plot twist so I'm definitely going to be giving this book a try. Congrats BOTD.
Hue-Morningstar
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hue-morningstar.html
Latest Review: Jesus, Prosperity Gospel and Poverty in Africa by Elijah Oladimeji
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Hue-Morningstar »

Eating bull must be interesting to read. It is good to know from the review that there are important points to check. Sue must be a character who is enlightening, as brought out from this review. It is good to know that the book talks about people struggling to gain self-control over their addictions. It must be funny to read. Good review.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

While I appreciate that a book like this was written by a physician-turned-author, I think a serial killer who targets obese people might be too uncomfortable a subject for me, at least at this time. My weight has yo-yoed most of my life due to a combination of life choices, genetics, and Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (which is also technically genetics because it runs in my maternal line, but it is a particularly big factor in this), so it’s a sensitive subject for me as I try to get it straightened out. I would potentially consider the storylines involving Jeremy and Sue, even with Jeremy suffering fat-shaming from even his own grandfather, but the serial killer aspect is just a hair too far for me right now. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Emerizx
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emerizx.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Emerizx »

The review was awesome, being over weight could be troubling but serving as a pry to those who hunt the obese made it more fascinating. Congratulations on BOTD.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”