Review of D.A.R.C: Inauguration

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: Ten Assholes and a Curmudgeon by Bruce Workman

Review of D.A.R.C: Inauguration

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "D.A.R.C: Inauguration" by Anthony Kopelakis.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

D.A.R.C: Inauguration is a fictional thriller novel written by Anthony Kopelakis. It consists of twenty-four chapters. It follows the life of Austin Michaels, a twenty-three-year-old underground fighter that is thrust into the world of a secret agency currently tasked with bringing down someone close to him.

The book begins as Austin prepares for another fight in an underground organization called Reign, which is run by Damien Church. Damien is Austin's father figure, having saved his life years prior. Following a successful fight, Austin returns home; he is apprehended by agents of a secret organization who inform him that Damien is, in fact, a high-level criminal. Austin is asked to spy on Damien and essentially help bring him down, but he has doubts about the entire situation. While Austin is still questioning his next move, a shocking incident prompts an immediate response from him. What will Austin find when he pulls back the curtains covering Damien's organization? Find out in this thrilling novel.

There is so much to love about this book. I liked the language used throughout the book; it was simple and easy to follow. The author did a great job of capturing the moments in each part of the book, giving it a very cinematic feel. It felt very much like something that should be adopted as a movie. I enjoyed the dialogue between the characters. It had the right blend of seriousness and humor when required. I also like the dynamics between the characters. For instance, Grant starts off being a pain to Austin, but as the plot progresses, we see their interactions evolve logically.

I loved the pace of the book. Each chapter seemed intent on pushing the plot of the book, and as such, there were no fillers. One thing I really liked about this book was its antagonist. While most villains are just evil and superior, the book shows its villain's vulnerabilities and open show of love for those he cares about, which I appreciated. Overall, the book had great characters, a great plot, brilliant twists, and an engaging storytelling that made it very difficult to put down.

I could not find anything to dislike about the book. I found only a couple of errors in the book. The book was professionally edited. Therefore, I rate this book five out of five stars. I found the book engaging and thrilling. I was completely satisfied with the book, and as a result, I could not rate it any lower. If I could rate it any higher, I would. I recommend this book to lovers of fictional crime thriller books.

D.A.R.C: Inauguration
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Husky03
Favorite Book: The Digital Fortress
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-husky03.html
Latest Review: The Fight for Sleep by Thad R Harshbarger

Post by Husky03 »

I love the idea behind this book's plot! From your review it seems like the author also paid special attention to the characters and his writing style. Sounds like a book that checks all the right boxes for me. Thank you for your review!
Paul Link
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-link.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Paul Link »

I enjoyed reading your review your review was informative and made me excited to read the book; it's great to hear that you couldn't find anything to dislike about it, and it sounds like the author did an excellent job of bringing the world to life. I appreciate hearing that the book's villain had a unique expression of their love for others, which is often missing from other villainous characters. You did a great job of getting my attention without giving away too much about the plot, making me curious to see what it holds. Thanks for your recommendation; I'll be sure to read this book.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This crime thriller seems really well constructed with a plot full of twists and interesting characters, including the villain. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”