Review of The Money-Go-Round

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-amarachi-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Operation November Blizzard by Stephen Snow (penname)

Review of The Money-Go-Round

Post by Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Money-Go-Round" by C.J.Neill.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Randall had created the Property Investment Group and used it to defraud innocent investors who thought they were paving the way for their future. The business suddenly disappeared, leaving no trace, with people's money gone and prosecution awaiting some victims.

Max Stephens, a freelance journalist, was fortunate to be at the hearing at the RCJ. He started researching the case and found out that it was bigger than he thought. At the peak of his career, Max lost his father, which inevitably made him lose his position with his wife and dog. Without a wife and dog and possible bankruptcy, he pushed on to research the Property Investment Group's sudden disappearance, as he was sure it would sell well and possibly raise his status.

I really enjoyed The Money-Go-Round and found many positive aspects to it. I liked how the characters were described. The bald-headed man in Chapter 2 was clearly described in a way to indirectly tell us that he trained really well and should be guilty of the crimes he was charged with. C. J. Neill used the points of view of different characters to tell the story, and he also included dates in each chapter, as he employed the use of flashbacks in the book. Flashback was mostly used to explain how Randall had started his business and just about everything he'd done.

I learned some valuable things from the book. To be able to win and stand out, one must use a strategy different from all the others. The Property Investment Group used a pig as the emblem of its company because people easily recognized and were familiar with piggy banks. Also, during their events, they gave free lunches and extended the time to prevent guests from leaving. This way, they baited more guests into the scheme. I learned that visualizing something or making a diagram of the problem, more like a storyboard, can help get quicker solutions. An example from the book is Max's whiteboard, where he drew circles and put in the names of people and their connections. This helped a lot with his research. I also learned some telltale signs that give people's secrets away. You should definitely read this book.

This was a really interesting read, and I did not find many errors in the book. Therefore, I will happily rate it five out of five stars. I did not deduct any stars from my rating because the book did not contain any negative aspects. I highly recommend it to thriller fans.

The Money-Go-Round
View: on Bookshelves
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

A thriller centered around investment fraud is interesting considering that it might be very realistic thinking of the recurring news of such events that actually happen. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Ram Uday Mahajan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: Magna Carta R.I.P? by Jude Meritus

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review of "The Money-Go-Round." I appreciate how the author skillfully described the characters and utilized different perspectives and flashbacks. The valuable lessons learned from the book make it a compelling read.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”