Review of The Warrior Angel

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Review of The Warrior Angel

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Warrior Angel" by Monique Beasley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The statement "It is never good to make a deal with a demon; no one wins except for him" from the prologue aptly describes The Warrior Angel by M.A. Beasley, an interesting and somewhat terrifying horror storybook. PoppyGracie and her eight-year-old son, Lucas, had a terrible accident while on a last-minute Christmas shopping trip. After the crash, Gracie received medical attention, but the doctor informed her of her son's critical condition. Teresa, Gracie's mother, rushed to the hospital and asked her to pray. Without much questioning, Gracie said the prayer, and to her surprise, her son's condition improved, and the doctors described it as a miracle.

Ten years later, Gracie is being hunted by a demon and has no idea what's happening to her.lHer mother, Teresa, then explains that Gracie's prayer ten years ago was a bargain with a demon. In return, the demon seeks to take Gracie's soul, Lucas's, or anyone else she wishes to offer. Gracie is left wondering what to do.

The author does an excellent job of crafting the story. The storyline is progressive, and the beginning is intriguing. I appreciate how the author explores the bond between a mother and child, which is solid and selfless. I also learned that one should never make a deal with the devil. The devil is not a friend, even in times of distress. The story becomes more gripping as the truth unfolds, and the author's focus on each character—Teresa, Gracie, and Lucas—makes the book more realistic. I was emotionally moved when Gracie and Lucas put their last words into writing.

The story's beginning may be confusing, especially how Gracie's accident occurred. At first, I didn't like that the storylines from the present day and ten years ago ran concurrently, but I appreciated the author's intention as I continued reading. The conclusion of the story is well-written, detailed, and satisfying.

The book contains many spacing errors. Despite these issues, I rate the book four out of five stars because of the story's strengths. I recommend The Warrior Angel to fans of thrillers, riveting, and suspenseful books.

The Warrior Angel
View: on Bookshelves
Samson Dawari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samson-dawari.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Samson Dawari »

Your review reveals exactly what the story is about, and clearly showed that this book is a definite thriller. Great work.
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Francis Kapola »

The review has a good synopsis of the book. However, I have noticed an odd thing in your review.
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: Heart and Harmony: Poetic Reflections on Legendary Singers by Archie Luper

Post by Obc Contentor »

Wow! What a dilemma condition Gracie enters with the demon. How could she resolve with the demon? The book seems to be engaging and entertaining.
Paul Link
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-link.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Paul Link »

Thank you for your insightful and thoughtful review I appreciate your thorough analysis of the book and your honest evaluation of its strengths and weaknesses. Personally, I found the premise of the story to be intriguing, and your review has strengthened my interest in reading this book. I am pleased that the author was able to craft a progressive storyline and explore what that unbreakable bond between mother and child can drive one to do. While there were some areas of confusion, I'm glad to read that the author's intention became clear as you continued through the book. Your recommendation of this book to fans of thrillers, riveting, and suspenseful reads is very helpful, and I look forward to reading more reviews by you in the future.
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Aswin3848 »

The review was very good. To understand and face the consequence of a prayer which was done 10 years ago is a brilliant plotline. I understand the emotional angle in the book has been well established. This is a must read.
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

Gracie finds herself in a challenging situation with the demon, and it's intriguing to see how she will resolve it. The book appears to be captivating and enjoyable.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It sure doesn't seem fair that Gracie's mother sort of tricked her into doing something she didn’t realize. I hope readers learn from this.
Rob Carr
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rob-carr.html
Latest Review: 5 Systems of Successful People by Scotty Schindler

Post by Rob Carr »

Despite the issues you identified, it sounds like it would be an interesting read. I will consider this one for reading myself in future.
:idea: Rob Carr :idea:
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

Some classic elements of supernatural horror stories are present in this novel and despite the flaws you mention, it seems engaging. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Jay Alex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-alex.html
Latest Review: 1942 When British Rule In India Was Threatened by Krishna Kumar

Post by Jay Alex »

I can only imagine what Gracie's reaction would be to what her mother told her about the prayer. The book sure has an interesting plot and I enjoyed reading your review as well. Welldone.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Robert Andrew »

The Warrior Angel" by M.A. Beasley is described as an interesting and somewhat terrifying horror storybook. The prologue's statement, "It is never good to make a deal with a demon; no one wins except for him," aptly captures the essence of the book. The story revolves around PoppyGracie and her son Lucas, who are involved in a terrible accident during a Christmas shopping trip. While Gracie receives medical attention and recovers, Lucas remains in critical condition. In a desperate plea for help, Gracie prays, and miraculously, her son's condition improves.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Island Girl by Charles R Hinckley

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

The emotional impact of Gracie and Lucas putting their last words into writing sounds heart-wrenching. It's a testament to the author's ability to evoke strong feelings in readers.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

Wow! the plot sounds great and promise lots of twists and turns. I am a fan of suspenseful stories also. Thanks for the presented evaluation of this book.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”