Review of Killing Love

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony Ekemezie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ekemezie.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Review of Killing Love

Post by Anthony Ekemezie »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Killing Love" by Bob Laurie.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Sal was ten years old when he lost his parents in a terrible car accident. After he was abandoned by his aunts, he realized that there was no one he could depend on but himself. He ended up running away from foster care at the age of fifteen. Unfortunately, he got himself mixed up with the wrong crowd.

Sal’s problems began when he was ordered by Anthony Rinaldi, second-in-command and nephew to Big Zac, to kill a police officer disguised as a drug dealer. The anger and betrayal he felt led him to exchange vital information about Anthony Rinaldi and Big Zac for a chance to go under the witness protection program with Susie, who seemed like the only person he could count on. Sid (formerly Sal) and Diane (formerly Susie) began their new lives, but their nosy neighbor wouldn’t stop watching, their satanic cult neighbors were patiently waiting to carry out their revenge, and Big Zac was hot on Sid’s trail. This new life seemed like a wave of a different set of problems for Sid and Diane. All would possibly change if Sid made the right decision. Can he?

Honestly, I enjoyed reading this book. The mix of suspense, mystery, and action got me thrilled. From what Sid encountered, I saw the truth of God’s grace in action. The characters were well-developed and seemed real, especially the protagonist. He was portrayed as a sinner whose circumstances led him to live a life that put him and the people around him in danger. Despite Sid’s horrible deeds, I was still rooting for him because I understood what he felt in certain situations. Most times, I felt he just did what he had to for survival. This book was written in the third person but told from the perspectives of different characters. Some of the strong emotions in this book were hate, anger, lust, love, loneliness, betrayal, and lots more. This book leaves readers with a big lesson on God’s grace and His love for us, even as sinners.

This book made mention of thought-provoking events, including homicide explosions and rape. There was also frequent use of profane language. The tension in this book was thrilling, as I had no clue what the next turn of events would be.

There was absolutely nothing I disliked about this book. It was exceptionally well-edited, as I found no errors in it. Therefore, I rate Killing Love by Bob Laurie 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to adults, especially those who love a good crime and mystery thriller. Also, people who are looking for an inspirational book that realistically tells of God’s grace would enjoy this book.

Killing Love
View: on Bookshelves
Rob Carr
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rob-carr.html
Latest Review: To Turn a Million by Keith L. Robinson

Post by Rob Carr »

Thanks for the review. Do you think those who aren't religious would enjoy the book?
:idea: Rob Carr :idea:
Blessing Samuels
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-samuels.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Blessing Samuels »

I wonder if Sal would be able to survive. It seems like he is facing a lot of challenges and doesn't have many people who he can trust and who will support him. Nice review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I know that God's grace is real and will change many lives. It seems to be mentioned as a theme in many books to encourage readers to choose it. I wonder if it's really prominent here.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”