Review of Blissful be the Blind

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amandaruth Ama
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Review of Blissful be the Blind

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Blissful be the Blind" by J.L..]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Henry's desire to help his sister, Laura, find happiness, despite her giving up on herself, led him to the supposedly happiest place in America, Raysonville. Although they felt welcomed and at home upon arrival, something about the town felt off. The residents all wore the same smiles and expressions and behaved extremely politely, almost like robots. Henry's quest to uncover the truth about the town made him appear crazy as he fought against a deity that granted bliss to its followers. As he teetered on the edge of sanity, events unfolded that led to a tragic occurrence, despite his efforts to redeem his sister. Would you like to find out what was wrong with everyone in Raysonville and what happened to Laura? Then read Blissful be the Blind by J.L.

The novel raises intriguing questions about the nature of happiness, according to its source. Henry hopes that his sister will find therapy and joy in an apparently happy town, but his suspicions about the true nature of the town make him appear paranoid. The author's skillful writing and perfectly crafted series of events took me on a captivating journey. With each page turn, I found myself hooked, needing to know what would happen next. The novel poses important questions about whether happiness can truly be manufactured and whether a lack of awareness can lead to greater happiness. It ultimately left me pondering whether the pursuit of happiness can lead one down a path of truth or delusion.

The novel's first chapter expertly captures my attention, setting the stage for an enthralling literary journey. One of the aspects that makes this novel so captivating is the portrayal of familial love. The bond between the characters is a unique blend of unconditional love and a hint of rudeness, making it feel all the more real. The care and dedication that the characters demonstrate towards each other are truly immeasurable, and it serves as a reminder of the importance of prioritizing our loved ones even in the hustle and bustle of modern life. Their persistent concern for each other's well-being and happiness is a soothing balm amidst the chaos of our busy world.

The suspense, intrigue, and pursuit of the enigma surrounding the cheerful town engrossed me so deeply that I felt as though I was living within the confines of the book, despite the fact that I was simply reading it from the comfort of my room. The emotions elicited from the narrative are raw and genuine. If one has a predilection for suspense and mystery, this novel is a must-read, and I highly recommend it to them. I also appreciate that the book was exceptionally well-edited. Hence, I unequivocally rate it 5 out of 5 stars.

The only problem I had with the book was that the author's name was not in the copy of the book I read; neither was their full name in the book's description on OBC, only initials. I'm not sure if it is a normal practice for authors to use only initials when publishing their book, but it doesn't make it easy for future readers to identify the book and distinguish it from books of similar titles. However, this negative aspect is minor and, hence, did not affect my rating at all.

Blissful be the Blind
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I want a book that I can become involved with and I think this is the one. Laura and Henry's story sounds fascinating.
James Williams Uzo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-u.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by James Williams Uzo »

If you have a predilection for suspense and mystery, this will be an amazing read for you. Great job on the review. Well done.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

A mystery that seems focused on the characters' psychological side addressing the problem of nature of happiness is intriguing. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”