Review of His Majesty's Posse

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Review of His Majesty's Posse

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "His Majesty's Posse" by Noah Bond.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

His Majesty’s Posse by Noah Bond follows the story of a clandestine branch of the military offering special services unknown to the Crown. Agents of the organization are separated from their former identities and trained to be assassins, disappearing threats, and enemies of the British monarch. The story focuses on Six, a trained expert in the field. He carries out his assignments without direct contact with his boss. He is only allowed to relate with his appointed housekeeper, Fiona. After being handed an unusual mission, Six discovers that he is also a target. An inquisitive Six undertakes a personal mission on his own, seeking the identity of his employer. Before long, Fiona and Six find themselves entangled in an investigation involving an attempt to take over the organization.

I was fond of the humor in this book. I was amused by how the characters made light of very tense moments; it made the book very enjoyable. The author's skillful storytelling and meticulous attention to detail made for an amazing reading experience. The unorthodox nature of the story’s conclusion made me love it all the more. I was left completely content and impressed after reading this book. The characters were well-developed, with complex motivations and hidden agendas, adding depth and authenticity to the story. The pacing of the story was clever and well-timed, with each chapter leaving me with eagerness to uncover the next clue or untangle another layer of the mystery.

The book felt esoteric in certain parts. I had difficulty understanding some conversations until I read them a number of times. I felt that the plot became overly convoluted at a point, making it challenging to follow. Although it was intended to heighten the suspense and throw the readers off their predictions, it left me feeling disconnected from the story. There were also inconsistencies in the numbering of chapters.

I rate the book four out of five stars. I removed a star due to the overly convoluted parts of the plot and the inconsistency in the numbering of the chapters. I relished the entire story, but those reservations remained. I found no errors in the book, so it's safe to say that it was exceptionally well edited. Overall, I had a good reading experience.

I recommend this story to keen enthusiasts of crime thriller and mystery novels. If you enjoy solving intricate puzzles and unmasking elusive culprits, this book is an absolute must-read. It takes readers on a thrilling journey into the world of crime and mystery that will leave you wanting more.

His Majesty's Posse
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm not sure about this novel due to its complex plot, as I prefer thrillers that are not too convoluted to avoid slowing down to get all the bits together. Regardless, thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Shamara Munroe
Currently Reading: Rudi Caribou
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shamara-munroe.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Shamara Munroe »

His Majesty’s Posse" by Noah Bond is an extraordinary tale that transported me to a world of adventure and intrigue. With a friendly tone, the author invited me on an incredible journey of His Majesty's Posse, a group of loyal and courageous individuals. Bond's vivid storytelling and captivating characters make this book was a true page-turner for me. From the very beginning, I was engrossed in the thrilling escapades and unexpected twists that awaited. With every turn of the page, a new discovery unfolds, keeping me hooked and eager for more. This was a remarkable literary gem that will left me craving for the next chapter.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”