Review of Palm Court Motel

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony Ekemezie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ekemezie.html
Latest Review: Crucible of the Damned by Jason Brookshier

Review of Palm Court Motel

Post by Anthony Ekemezie »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Palm Court Motel" by Anthony Mays.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I firmly believe that crime and mystery thrillers rank among the most engaging types of literature. Books with thrilling action-packed plot piques reader interest. and this one is no different. This book featured Neil Hammer, a former FBI agent turned private investigator.

Virginia Wolfe, a well-known author, had passed away. Not long after, her sister, Dana Wolfe, a congresswoman, went missing. A woman named Cathy hired Neil to look into this case, and the Palm Court Motel was the ideal location for him to stay and keep a close eye on his suspect, Hayden Stewart. One evening, he got a note from Hayden saying that he could provide crucial information that would help with the case. Unfortunately, this was all a set-up to frame Neil for murder. Neil managed to remain calm even when all the evidence pointed against him. To make matters complicated, Dana suddenly resurfaced with a lot of questions for him. Things would probably get worse. I wonder who masterminded this whole plan. Why would someone go through all this trouble just to see the downfall of one man? I hope Neil doesn’t get convicted. What do you think?

I have to admit, this book was exciting to read. It was written descriptively, which helped readers to paint a mental picture of each event. The characters were all well-developed, and I loved that the author gave each character flaws. This made them realistic and relatable. This book was written in the third person. One of the things I enjoyed about this book was the part where Neil discussed his knowledge of astrology and numerology. I have never heard of path and destiny numbers. Neither do I know which numbers are considered good or bad luck. This book inspired me to undertake some fascinating studies on them.

This book seems well-edited as I found just one grammar error while reading. I disliked the fact that the author was not consistent with one name for a character. This confused me at some points in the book. For instance, a character named William Bonnie Duran and nicknamed Billy the Bruiser may sometimes be referred to as Duran, Bruiser, or Billy. Other than this, there was nothing I disliked about this book. It contained all the necessary elements, such as action, mystery, murder, and suspense, that could make a crime and mystery thriller a good read.

I rate Palm Court Motel: A Neil Hammer Novel by Anthony Mays 4 out of 5 stars. I removed one star because of the complaint stated above. I recommend this book to readers who enjoy a good crime and mystery thriller or who love to read detective stories. This book is best suited for adults, as it contains profane language.

Palm Court Motel
View: on Bookshelves
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Aswin3848 »

Nice review. The premise of the book is action packed and full of action. Your review just elevated the anticipation for reading the book.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

The use of different nicknames for a character can be really confusing, otherwise, this seems like an engaging crime thriller centered around a complicated case. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”