Review of A Kind of Justice

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
fav_author_id: 2379

Review of A Kind of Justice

Post by Salah bourouba »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Kind of Justice" by Thomas Murray.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The book A Kind Of Justice by Thomas Murray is about an ex-soldier who, for people, seems to be living a happy life with his wife and two children, but what they don't know is that he has a whole other life where he takes matters into his own hands and serves justice to people whom the system has failed to do it for them or individuals whom he thinks deserve to be punished for their crimes against innocent people. He does that with thorough and detailed planning throughout the months and with the help of acquaintances whom he has met throughout his life.

The book is unique, to say the least. The amount of detailed planning and focus that the main character shows in the book is impeccable. The book has a narrative feel to it, where the main character tells the reader about the events of the story chronologically. The author seems to have a keen knowledge of the justice system and the developments that occur in the science of solving crimes.

I didn't like how severe the sexual scenes were. And repeatedly. They didn't need to have so much detail every single time. I also found it somewhat unnecessary for him to say, "We will talk about that later," every time he mentions something he hasn't spoken of before. I thought that if he avoided it, it would add a sense of mystery to the storyline. The ending of the book was somewhat disappointing. After making that master plan, one would assume that things would go perfectly and quickly, as the author hasn't failed to mention, but adding a twist or a slip to his planning would make things a lot more interesting and gripping to read. In the end, I felt like I spent all my time reading about the planning when the most important event went by in two seconds.

I would rate this book a 4 out of 5, even though the storyline and the structure of the book were very well made, and even the editing was exceptional since I didn't find any mistakes. Yet two things made me cut one star: the frequency of the sexual scenes and the two-second ending.

I would recommend this book to crime lovers and law-abiding citizens; it would be an interesting read for them and for people who like to read about riddles or events with so much detailed planning and thought. I would advise the readers to be 18 years old or older due to the intense scenes.

A Kind of Justice
View: on Bookshelves
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

Despite your complaints, this seems like an interesting novel about a vigilante who pursues a sort of private justice with the help of some acquaintances. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”