Review of Love Put Me In - Love Got Me Out

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Andrada Madalina
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrada-madalina.html
Latest Review: The Butterfly Cage by Rachel Zemach
Reading Device: B014LQ6EKI

Review of Love Put Me In - Love Got Me Out

Post by Andrada Madalina »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Love Put Me In - Love Got Me Out" by James Blurton.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Love Put Me In - Love Got Me Out by James Blurton is a mystery book about an unfair lifetime sentence. It presents a lesson of forgiveness and the unfolding of the protagonist's tragic memories. Also, the novel illustrates themes such as murder, love, and corruption.

Briefly, this book focuses on the life of a sawmill boy, Billy Bersha, who falls in love and marries Sarah, the daughter of the banker from Hardwood. But Sarah's family disapproves of their relationship due to their social differences, and they want her to marry Luke, the son of the one who owns the lumber mill. Luke wants Sarah as his wife and tries his best to separate her from Billy. As a result of an altercation between Billy and Luke, Sarah is shot and dies in Billy's arms. Furious, Billy wants to shoot Luke, but to his shock, he finds him stabbed in the woods. Who killed Luke? Without witnesses and evidence, Billy cannot answer this question, and he is charged with Luke's murder.

I loved the mixture of crime and mystery, and I tried to figure out who could have killed Luke and framed Billy. For instance, I tried to notice the discrepancies from the trial transcript and from the impressions of the residents of Hardwood about the murder. Also, I liked the detective work of Billy's nephew and appreciated how he reviewed the old case.

Another positive aspect of the book was the character development. Billy's story captivated me from the beginning of his relationship with Sarah, and I appreciated that he fought for their love even if her family was against them. I empathized with him in the tense moments, especially during prison time, and I loved his ethics. For example, I was impressed by Billy's kindness when he saved a dog that was being hit by a guard, even though Billy ended up being hit instead.

I rate this novel 5 out of 5 stars because there is nothing I dislike about it. I liked the fast-paced narration and puzzling twists and turns. The secrets of the city of Hardwood intrigued me, and I empathized with Billy's regrets. Also, the book was professionally edited. I only discovered two minor errors.

I recommend this book to fans of mystery novels, especially those interested in stories involving organized crime. It is perfect for people who enjoy episodic plots and dynamic characters. Also, the novel is suitable for a large audience because it has no profanity or erotic content.

Love Put Me In - Love Got Me Out
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

This is a very good review, and thi seems like the kind of book that I would enjoy. I am a big fan of mysteries, but I am terrible at figuring them out. You’d think I’d get better with time, but no.
Okocha Victor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okocha-victor.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Okocha Victor »

Again, why name your kid Billy? That was a nice plot twist the author had, and I'm sure Billy will be one of the primary suspects as he is the one with the most valiant motive. And seeing as he found him in the woods already dead, there's a lot of explanations coming from Billy's end.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

A mystery with a complex situation centered around two murders and a framejob. I'm curious to see how Billy can get out of trouble, which means finding who framed him. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”