Review of Jaiden Williams VS. The Universe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-kate-smith.html
Latest Review: Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S.Lee

Review of Jaiden Williams VS. The Universe

Post by Sarah Kate Smith »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Jaiden Williams VS. The Universe" by Jaiden Williams.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

At age 14, Jaiden sneaked into the aquarium to see the dolphins. He rode on one of them, called Shawarma, and she bolted out of the ceiling and landed on the library, destroying the roof. Shawn held Jaiden by the collar for the damages and wanted to report him to the police before he was stopped by Lara. This action made Jaiden join the gang, which was led by Shawn. Jaiden Williams VS. The Universe + America is a fictional book by Jaiden Williams that depicts a fight between rival gangs. The story starts when Jaiden, Sydni, Dillon, and Lara head out to chase after and fight their rivals, the Bluebirds. During their fight, Jaiden knocked off the helmet of their leader and saw the person behind it. He was later kidnapped by the Bluebirds. What did they do to him? Did he find a way to cut loose and escape from the Bluebirds? Read to know the details of events in this book.

When I saw Jaiden Williams VS. The Universe + America by Jaiden Williams, I decided to give it a read because of how much I enjoyed his previous book, Roxy and the Beetles, and I still found what I enjoyed in this book. This book is a mixture of romance, love, drugs, and gang life. The book also shows the use of advanced technology, which I noticed during their gang battle with Levi and his gang.

What I loved most were the gang wars. I also loved how the author placed himself in the storyline, making it look like an actual event. Jaiden's writing style was also stunning, which is also what I admired. I also liked that the gang took time out to have fun or party at a club called The Tavern.

My dislikes for this book are that it seems rushed to me; that is, the events of things that happened seemed like the author rushed them, and also that the book ended abruptly, which did not go well for me as I expected it to end on a better note. Though all these didn't disrupt my reading in any way, I didn't find any errors in my reading, which proves that this book was exceptionally well edited. My reasons outlined above prompt me to give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

People who love gang war stories and dirt bike riding would love this book, so I recommend it to them.

Jaiden Williams VS. The Universe
View: on Bookshelves
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

Romance is not my thing but the crime thriller element seems engaging with the gang war and I'm curious to see what happens to Jaiden. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
King Nyebuchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-king-nyebuchi.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by King Nyebuchi »

I thought it was just going to be a fun story. I hope the aspects related to drugs will not put me off while reading. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”