Review of A.N.D.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: One If by Carol B Allen
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Review of A.N.D.

Post by Laney K »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A.N.D." by Mike Beetlestone.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Ben, a freelance Irish journalist, has a woman approach him and offer him one million euro to prove that the King of Nepal was murdered by his brother. This woman, Jaya, says that she is the daughter of the late king. This makes her a princess. After her offer was made, a terrorist attack begins in the dramatic opening of A.N.D.: Acute Nepali Disorder by Mike Beetlestone. Despite his misgivings, Ben agrees to undertake this assignment and sets off on a potentially dangerous mission. Will he succeed and disprove the official events of that terrible night? Will he be able to avoid falling for the princess? Pick up a copy today to find out.

This book, besides having an in-depth and intriguing plot, has many dynamic characters. Ben's researcher, Trish, has such a unique relationship with Ben. He is cynical and cranky, though slightly in love with her. In Trish's mind, Ben is someone who needs to be kept in line. She also regards him as much older and not someone to be attracted to, making their dynamic an interesting one. From Jaya, the benefactor of his work, to Jen, a woman whose boyfriend had been kidnapped, Ben has strong feelings about all the women in his life. He seemingly falls in love with all of them. This adds a dash of romance to the action-packed plot.

The only part I slightly disliked about this book was the breathtaking pace the book went at. It felt as though something new was happening on every page, and I did find myself a bit confused at times. However, this was not a huge issue, as I got used to it as I progressed further in the book. The pace can be seen from the first chapter when bullets started flying a few pages into the book.

Overall, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. The one minor negative I mentioned is not significant enough to take off a star. I thought the moving and unpredictable plot was engaging, and the characters were dynamic. I also believe that the book was professionally edited. I only noticed a few minor errors. This book is perfect for those who enjoy murder mysteries, action, and hints of romance. There is strong language throughout, so sensitive readers should take note of that. However, if you are looking for a mix of murder mystery and political thriller with a dash of romance, this is the book for you!

A.N.D.
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I'm interested in stories that involves Princess like this. I'm also interested in the settings of the book-- Nepal. I wonder who's the real murderer of the Nepali King. Thanks for your superb review, Laney!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Sarah Zain
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Sarah Zain »

Your review is interesting and motivates me to read the book later. I really enjoyed the way you expressed the story. Well done Laney
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

A fast-paced murder mystery with political ramifications seems intriguing and the characters are well constructed. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”