Crime, Thrillers, Horror and Mystery Recommendations

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rifaonlinebookclub
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Crime, Thrillers, Horror and Mystery Recommendations

Post by Rifaonlinebookclub »

I strongly recommend Dan brown books as they are known for their mystery, plot, suspense, wisdom, characters etc. These set of books are able to awake both your mind and body while reading it. The wide range of stories and facts involved in the books are quite appreciating and my all time favourite is Da vinci code. Actually, its difficult to derive a favourite book as all the books exciting. Trust me guys, you will never keep the book aside once you enter into its aura. You will just complete it in one sitting. My experience on these is quite interesting as i use to reread the books. Dan brown books are inevitable in the world of mystery and thriller.
Thankyou
winelover4life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by winelover4life »

Thanks @sheaman for the review on The Orient Express. Looking forward to reading it just based on your review!
Lacollins7

Post by Lacollins7 »

I have enjoyed every book I've read of Lee Childs. I like his type of humor and sometimes you just need to hear that the bad guys get their butt kicked.
Karishma Sivnath
Favorite Book: Unexpected Enemy
Currently Reading: Walking Disaster
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karishma-sivnath.html
Latest Review: Unexpected Enemy by Tim Cagle

Post by Karishma Sivnath »

NikkyT wrote: 30 Jun 2017, 18:00 one of my favourite writers in this genres is Karen Rose, highly recommend her books!
I agree with you!. One of my fav books of hers is Closer Than You Think - thoroughly enjoyed it :D
MoeBrown
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moebrown.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by MoeBrown »

'The Best Laid Plans' by Sidney Sheldon was a great read. It has been a while but I still remember it because it was so captivating. You can also browse books by Tami Hoag's Oak Knoll and Liska and Kovac series as they were enjoyable.
k_madhu_jha
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-madhu-jha.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by k_madhu_jha »

I recently read closer than you think by Karen rose. I loved it because of its unique plot. U will be always on the edge to know what happens next. It is an emotional yet interesting ride that you would never regret taking it.
fortaevers
Currently Reading: Song of Achilles
Bookshelf Size: 394

Post by fortaevers »

A Good Girl's Guide to Murder series by Holly Jackson absolutely blows my mind. You wouldn't be able to put the books down. You just want to flip the next page and the next and the next.
Shaesta Parween
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaesta-parween.html
Latest Review: Winners and Losers in Words and Cartoons by Arthur Hartz
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Shaesta Parween »

Murder on the Orient express is definitely on the list. The Silent Companion also made me stay on edge. Sherlock Holmes is a classic.
Hope it helps. If you want more recommendations do reply.✌🏻
ChloeClementine

Post by ChloeClementine »

Pretty As A Picture is enjoyable. I wouldn't say its on par with Agatha Christie but still pretty decent.
Chimuco
Favorite Book: The Lost Symbok
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Chimuco »

Inferno by Dan Brown. In this thrilling, Robert Langdon has to fight teeth and nails to avoid a lethal virus from being spread throughout the world. However, for him to depict the exact location of the virus he has to go through the past and understanding the life of Dante Alleghier in his walking to inferno.
Angel_gaze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angel-gaze.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Angel_gaze »

vorsta wrote: 24 Jun 2009, 15:50 I never before didn't read Lee Child's books, GONE TOMORROW was first, and in my opinion it interesting book. In a novel that sweeps through one hairpin surprise after another, Lee Child releases a thriller that spreads three decades and gnaws at the heart of America . . . and for Jack Reacher, a man who trusts no one and likes it that way, it’s a mystery with only one answer-the kind that comes when you finally get in person and look at your worst enemy in the eye.
Absolutely love a Jack Reacher adventure. Lots of action, very fast-paced, and easy to read.
A balanced life is a cup of tea in one hand and a book in the other :wink:
Cátia Rato
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 451
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catiarato.html
Latest Review: The Inmate by Alan P. Woodruff

Post by Cátia Rato »

Joona Lima series by Lars Kepler, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series, books by Donato Carrisi, Sebastian Bergman series by Hjorth and Rosenfeldt!
Oh, and Gone Girl. Not my favorite book, but it is incredible!
eigen wees
Currently Reading: Palabras de fuego
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eigen-wees.html
Latest Review: Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France by Michael C. Higgins, PhD

Post by eigen wees »

In the past years I have come to really appreciate Scandinavian novels in this genre. I really recommend any book by Jo Nesbo for example. Lots of suspense, cultural, unexpected plots and all of the books I read by him (about 2 ft on my bookshelves) were page turners.
Preye I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preye-i.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Preye I »

The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn or any novel by Lisa Scottoline
Emspatricia
Currently Reading: Cancer Was Not a Gift & It Didn't Make Me a Better Person
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Emspatricia »

Is this the section to look for recommendations on books about real life hauntings? What recommendations do you all have?

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”