Crime, Thrillers, Horror and Mystery Recommendations

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chelle934
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

The Forbidden DOor

Post by Chelle934 »

I had started to read The Forbidden Door by Dean Koontz. I like his style of writing, however this is a book that I will have to wait to finish reading. So far the book is good and interesting, however I realized 3 chapters in that I was a little confused. Turns out this book is a series. I would still reccomend this series however.
Solanje113
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Solanje113 »

Not sure how many like horror but i recommend RICHARD LAYMON. I use to be in a book club where I got books a month for 5.99. It was great. And I got a Richard LAYMON book called endless night. It caught my attention right away and I couldn't put it down, I couldn't really get into any other author they sent, my husband read them but i just couldn't wait to get the next LAYMON book. I was never disappointed. I read everything he had wrote up to that point. Now I'm on my crime mysteries so I'm probably so behind on LAYMON, but I will catch up one day.
J_D_Allen
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by J_D_Allen »

The Donnelly Treatise (After the massacre) Peter McKeown if your from Canada.
J_D_Allen

Post by J_D_Allen »

The Fraternity of the Stone
David Morrell
J_D_Allen

Post by J_D_Allen »

The Blue Horizon
Wilbur Smith

A very great adventure in Africa.
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

I am reading Justin Cronin's series that consist of The Passage, The Twelve and The City of Mirrors. It is about the end of the world, complete with vampires, much violence and a lot of love. I would recommend these to everyone that likes those types of characters. I am in the middle of the last book so I must leave you now to finish it!
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
Sonya Nicolaidis
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonya-nicolaidis.html
Latest Review: My Delightfully Dysfunctional Family by Loraine Hartley

Post by Sonya Nicolaidis »

Ann Rule has always been a favorite of mine. She has an impressive number of books under her belt, each well researched and entertaining. The last one I read was "The Stranger Beside Me" which gives an in-depth account of her strange acquaintance with serial killer Ted Bundy; for anyone with any interest in real life crime stories, this one is a must.
Lilmama262018

Post by Lilmama262018 »

The book I read was Cold Serial:The Jack the Strangler Murders. This book had me on the edge of my seat and wanting me to read more. I would recommend this book to those who like criminal thiller or horror you wont be disappointed by this book.
sarahmarlowe
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe »

limpet_21 wrote: 16 Jul 2009, 14:36 I have been reading Karen Rose books recently. So far i have read six of them. "Scream for me" is one of my favourites. I definetly recomend reading them. They are about murder and they all link to each other. Fantastic!!! :D
I love reading books in a series! Thank you for recommending these. I will check them out. 8)
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:
Nusrat_Shabnam_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nusrat-shabnam.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Nusrat_Shabnam_ »

I would recommend May day murderers for a book of crime, thriller and mystery all together.
Seamstress
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84

Post by Seamstress »

Astonishingly helpful topic! Thanks a lot to all participants who took time add to it!
Swat3737
Favorite Book: Mists of avalon
Currently Reading: Good Omens
Bookshelf Size: 631
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swat3737.html
Latest Review: Sherlock and I A Memoir of Medical Mysteries in a US Rural Practice by Frederick Kassis, MD

Post by Swat3737 »

speechless wrote: 27 Jun 2009, 17:11 I just read a book called Mean Martin Manning by Scott Stein. It's one of the best, most entertaining books I've read in a while. It's about a man who just wants to be alone, but the government forces him into a "rehabilitation" program because he's living a supposedly unhealthy lifestyle. Manning has to find a way to escape, as he is constantly surrounded by guards. When he does, he's all about revenge.

This book is very comedic, but it's also very thrilling. I recommend it to EVERYONE.
Thanks for the recommendation, this sounds amazing! Just added it to my list :) but looks like it's not available on Amazon Kindle Store, i'll have to research
"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Swat3737
Latest Review: Sherlock and I A Memoir of Medical Mysteries in a US Rural Practice by Frederick Kassis, MD

Post by Swat3737 »

MedleyLORE wrote: 24 Jun 2018, 21:29 “I Am Watching You” was very interesting as well as haunting.
That was an incredible book! Totally spooky, I had a hard time sleeping after reading it!
"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Swat3737

Post by Swat3737 »

gutter83 wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 16:53 On What Grounds is the first book in the series a coffeehouse mystery written by Cleo Coyle, a pen name for Alice Alfonsi. This book has a story line with twist and turns that are definitely a 'keep you on your toes' page-turner.

When a death at a coffee shop happens that looks like just an accident, also has three suspects with motives to want to kill, and a coffee shop co-owner who will stop at nothing to find out who the killer is not only for justice, but to save the coffee shop, things get a little chaotic.

By far one of my favorite crime/mystery books I have read. Definitely recommend!
Having worked in coffee for 18 years, I am very excited about this book! Thanks for the recommendation, it's added to my list!
ciara2602
Currently Reading:

Post by ciara2602 »

i would like to recommend it by stephen king

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”