Review of Waterworks

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abiodunakinola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: A Secret Life by Mina Bancheva

Re: Review of Waterworks

Post by Abiodunakinola »

"Waterworks" by Jack Winnick masterfully elevates the terrorism genre by introducing a chilling threat – water supply poisoning. The author seamlessly weaves scientific and technological explanations into the narrative, enhancing the plot's credibility and adding a new level of horror to the story. The exploration of spies' personal lives adds depth, addressing the challenges of working undercover, starting a family, and navigating complex relationships. Nice review.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Essential Gut Health for Women Over 50 by JL Service

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

Hmmm. I don't think I can marry my colleague at work not to talk of marrying. I'm just trying to imagine how it'll be for this couple that'll be working on a complicated case like this one.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: The Flaxen Tyranny by Simon Evans

Post by Salome Ogani »

The author creates an intriguing and terrifying plot by exploring the threat of water supply poisoning by terrorists. Using real scientific principles and technologies makes the scenario chillingly plausible. The fast-paced story and race against time add to the thrill. Exploring the personal lives of the spy couple also adds dimension.
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: Behind the Eyes of Zylo Moon by David Nathaniel Nealis

Post by Merits Anih »

Winnick skillfully blends fact and fiction by referencing real-world threats, locations, and political issues. This helps ground the thriller plot in a scarily believable setting. The smooth writing style and editing make this a quick, enjoyable read. Some foreign language use without translation is a minor downside.
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Involuntary Reroute by Robert Laney
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 126%

Post by Martina Sette »

This book elevates terrorism narratives with a chilling premise. The fast-paced plot, personal struggles of spies, and historical context make it an interesting, thriller worth exploring.
MARTHA UGOCHI ASOGWA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martha-ugochi-asogwa.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by MARTHA UGOCHI ASOGWA »

The novel Waterworks by Jack Winnick explores the horror of terrorism through water supply poisoning, which is a highly possible and severe threat in the real world. Nice review.
Shanesha Sammerson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanesha-sammerson.html
Latest Review: Unyielding Destiny by Spiros Gratsias (author of Unyielding Destiny)

Post by Shanesha Sammerson »

Thank you for your insightful review of "Waterworks" by Jack Winnick! Your exploration of the unique terror threat, water supply poisoning, and its real-world plausibility adds depth to the narrative. I appreciate your recognition of the fast-paced, urgent tone and the personal insights into the lives of spies, balancing action and personal aspects. Your constructive feedback on translations is noted, and I'm glad the book's unconventional approach to terrorism resonated with you. Your thorough assessment, along with a well-deserved rating of five out of five, provides a compelling recommendation for readers intrigued by action-packed international espionage. Your review is invaluable in guiding others to explore this engaging and masterfully crafted work.
_Rhea Jacob
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

The book is part of the Lara and Uri series but can be read as a stand-alone. The book is a fast-paced thriller with geopolitical issues, undercover secret agents, loads of action and some romance mixed in. Thank you for your review.
Hundi M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hundi-m.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Hundi M »

A thorough review that includes important details in a nutshell
Sarvesh J Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarvesh-j-yadav.html
Latest Review: Exodus by Jean Hackensmith

Post by Sarvesh J Yadav »

Winnick has done justice by forming a perfect pair out of Lara and Uri and I would be really glad if there is an episodic TV production studio at some stage which would like to adapt their stories. Oh yeah! I really gonna watch the whole series right away!!!Congrats on #BOTD
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies by Johnny M. Sanchez

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

Congratulations on the BOTD award. It is the 5th book in a series of novels. Terrorism and its impact have been the theme of this book. The reviewer has provided an insight into this book. It is well-written and mentions everything that is required to present a good review.
Okafor Angel
Currently Reading: The Fish House
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angel-okafor-1.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Okafor Angel »

Wow, this novel watermark by Jack Winnick looks like it's going to be a good read, i love books about crime and suspense. I can't wait to dive in. Congrats on being book of the day!.
Sankar Guha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sankar-guha.html
Latest Review: The Transcendental Tangle: Untying the Enigmatic Knots of the Infinite by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by Sankar Guha »

This review is mind blowing. It really explains the essence of the book wonderfully and intrigues the reader to read it.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 644
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“Waterworks” by Jack Winnick is a fictional, but possible, story about a terrorist attack on the Los Angeles water supply. Teams of terrorists that were members of an Iranian anti-American group added Polonium to the water supply by dropping it in the water from bridges in socks that they used to bring the poison into the U.S. Lara and Uri were already in Los Angeles on vacation so they were deployed to track down the terrorists and find their leader in Iran. This is an action thriller that readers do not want to put down until the last page. This book is Jack Winnick’s 5th book in this series and all of his books are well-written and excellent. I highly recommend this book.
fumbani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by fumbani »

This installment in the Lara and Uri series by Jack Winnick, a thriller novel that follows the undercover agents as they try to stop a terrorist plot to poison the water supply of California with radioactive polonium. This demonstrate clearly that Terrorism can calm in any form other than bombs and messiles

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”