Review of Waterworks

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aprilia Rizkika Rahmawati
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Review of Waterworks

Post by Aprilia Rizkika Rahmawati »

I agree with the opinion contained in the story of these two people, and draw conclusions from the historical research taken and the politics that are currently happening are so bad
Sameena Ansari
Favorite Book: Dracula
Currently Reading: Losing Hope
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Sameena Ansari »

Waterworks offers a chilling portrayal of modern terrorism tactics, making the threat feel all too real. With its fast pace and intricate misdirection, the story keeps you on the edge.
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Waterworks by Jack Winnick is an exhilarating novel about a terror attack on the nation's drinking water. The FBI summons Lara and Uri to investigate and possibly prevent another attack. Filled with espionage, and thrilling encounters this will be an exciting read. Congratulations on the BOTD!
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
JADEL_1981
Currently Reading:
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by JADEL_1981 »

In the fifth installment of the series, Lara and Uri grapple with the intricacies of their personal and professional lives. Their desire to start a family coincides with the urgent mission of stopping a suspected terrorist group's nefarious schemes. The pressure mounts as they are abruptly called back to action by the FBI while on vacation, immersing them once again in the perilous realm they are familiar with.
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace

Post by Chad Anthony »

The historical backdrop mentioned in the review adds depth to the setting, enhancing the overall reading experience by intertwining fiction with real-world elements.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

I appreciate how the review highlights the unique twist on terrorism in "Waterworks." The focus on water supply poisoning adds a chilling layer to the story's realism and urgency.
Zubair Hussain 4

Post by Zubair Hussain 4 »

There's a thrilling mix of personal struggles and a race against time in "Waterworks" by Jack Winnick. The unique twist of spies dealing with family matters adds depth. The urgency and misdirection make it a must-read for fans of fast-paced espionage.
Oualid Tate

Post by Oualid Tate »

Thank you for sharing this review. Written by Jack Winick appears to be an exciting and complex story that combines elements of thriller, spy, and technology. The sense of urgency and temporal tension add to the suspense and appeal of the story. The balance between personal and political elements seems to enhance the richness and depth of the story. This makes the book interesting for fans of thrillers and international espionage.
Zhibek Sarsenbekova
Currently Reading:

Post by Zhibek Sarsenbekova »

I never read other books about this spy line or any of this author’s books. I'm not a big fan of action spy stories detective. For sensitive people like me, I wouldn't recommend reading it, because how it has to be it contains some violence and sensitive moments. I believe that for people who like this genre, it will be fascinating. It's a professionally written and engaging plot. But it's not my cup of tea.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Tejas Koli, I just read your comments on the official review of "Waterworks" and I can assure you it is an exciting action filled geopolitical story that will keep you on the edge of your seat. I highly recommend all five of Jack Winnick's terrorist series. @Mrlefty0706
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

Ooh lovely, another Hack Winnick book. He always gives it his all: spies, war, politics, and our two heroes, Lara and Uni. Another riveting novel that’ll have a reader hooked.
Marand Ashish
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marand-ashish.html
Latest Review: The Struggle for Justice and Truth by Tomas Cudzis
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 12%

Post by Marand Ashish »

“Waterworks” by Jack Winnick is a thrilling novel where Lara and Uri, former FBI agents, combat international terrorists threatening the nation’s water supply. Realistic and action-packed, it keeps readers engaged.
Sembbapperuma Silva

Post by Sembbapperuma Silva »

his is a thriller novel with a more fast-paced plot. It likely involves a terrorist attack on a water filtration plant and the couple, Lara and Uri, working to solve it. Reviews for this book are harder to find, but online discussions suggest it's an action-packed read with a focus on national security threats.
Sahib KhN

Post by Sahib KhN »

This such an interesting book. I'm eager to find out what could possibly be more dangerous than weapons and how are they gonna find those who polluted the water. You have written such an exceptional review.
Eisha Nadeem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eisha-nadeem.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub

Post by Eisha Nadeem »

This review provides a compelling overview of "Waterworks" by Jack Winnick, praising its innovative exploration of terrorism through water supply poisoning and its balanced portrayal of personal and political struggles within the spy genre. The reviewer's suggestion for providing translations for foreign phrases adds a thoughtful touch to enhance reader accessibility. Overall, it offers a thorough assessment of the novel's strengths and recommends it as a must-read for fans of action-packed espionage.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”