Review of Waterworks

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Minslet A Avagalwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-minslet-a-avagalwa.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Re: Review of Waterworks

Post by Minslet A Avagalwa »

I love reading terrorism stories and Waterworks by Jack Winnick is one of those book I can't skip for any reason. I have added it to my to read list. Congratulations on the BOTD.
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

Congratulations on being named Book of the Day! I find all of Jack Winnick's books to be quite frightening. The potential for fear is ever-present, adding to the overall terror. This latest one seems to follow suit. Best of luck with your upcoming projects!
fumbani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by fumbani »

Thank you very much I appreciate
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

The fifth book in Jack Winnick's Lara and Uri series is titled "Waterworks." The narrative focuses on the lives of a number of interwoven individuals, including politicians, engineers, and regular people, whose paths cross while they deal with the difficulties brought on by a water crisis. The novel examines issues of social fairness, environmental sustainability, and the power dynamics involved in resource allocation against the backdrop of corporate interests and bureaucratic red tape.

Winnick's engrossing and educational style, provides readers with an intimate glimpse into the inner workings of water delivery networks and the complex web of relationships that shapes the urban environment.

In summary, "Waterworks" illuminates the significance of water management and the difficulties in guaranteeing that everyone has access to clean, safe drinking water. It is an engaging and really interesting book. Long after the last page is turned, readers will still be thinking about this book because of its unique combination of intelligent criticism and thrilling storytelling. I would rate it five out of five.
CHANTAL EWING
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chantal-ewing.html
Latest Review: Unsilenced by Martins Agbonlahor

Post by CHANTAL EWING »

Waterworks by Jack Winnick. Another book in the series I could not put down, Lara and Uri reunite to track down terrorists and determine their motives. The storyline was very engaging from start to finish, I would recommend it to anyone.
Chinelo Valerie Hero
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinelo-valerie-hero.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Chinelo Valerie Hero »

Lol, you are right .This is scarier than zombies and vampires because this is a possibility. I really enjoyed reading your review .Keep it up.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

It seems like Jack Winnick focuses more on thrillers about terrorism in his books. This one is interesting in the sense that I didn't know that terrorists can attack the water system of a country.
Pranav Dewangan
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The review of 'Passionate Purpose: A Global Governance Journey' by Jack J. Schramm highlights an impressive journey through American politics and international consulting. The detailed account of Schramm's transition from state to federal level, especially his impactful work with the EPA, showcases a dedication to environmental reform. It's inspiring to see how his career evolved, reflecting his adaptability and passion for global governance.
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: “TREMAINE” by James Harold Kelly
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 11%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

Lara and Uri working to find this terrorists as a married couple is an interesting plot on itself. Poisoning the water system is an upgraded level of terrorism that I can wait to see how this goes. Congratulations to BOTD.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|
Patel Khushi Manishbhai
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Markus Zusak
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: To the Lighthouse
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patel-khushi-manishbhai.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke
fav_author_id: 2540

Post by Patel Khushi Manishbhai »

Everyone’s worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there’s really an easy way: Stop participating in it.

Noam Chomsky

Once again the BOTD. The reviewer is right, crisp tone to a narration is fun to read. Also, Jack's knack for mixing fact and fiction is commendable. I can particularly relate to the book since india has been targeted by terrorists over the decades.The outline of the review well stated that no one can even think a terrorism without a actual weapon and how the science and technologies
Ni_weh_sesh62
McDonald Lauren
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mcdonald-lauren.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by McDonald Lauren »

"Waterworks" is a tightly-plotted, adrenaline-fueled thriller that will keep readers hooked from beginning to end. The author's knowledge of science and technology is evident in the book and it helps make the story feel authentic and believable. The characters are well-developed and relatable and the plot moves along at a fast pace. Overall, the book is a great read for fans of thrillers and suspense novels and it's sure to appeal to those with an interest in science
Ajiferuke Ajibola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajiferuke-ajibola.html
Latest Review: The Prison of Power by G Michael Smith

Post by Ajiferuke Ajibola »

Lara and Uri are dedicated to their job and country. They vacated their vacation to serve. Congrats to the author on BOTD. Thanks for an honest review
Abraham Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Post by Abraham Ozo »

"Waterworks" by Jack Winnick elevates terrorism plots, introducing water supply poisoning as a horrifyingly plausible threat. The story seamlessly integrates science, technology, and real-world references, making the plot compelling and believable.
Tejas Koli
Favorite Book: Alice In Dreamland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tejas-koli.html
Latest Review: Blood Vengeance by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 110%

Post by Tejas Koli »

"Waterworks" sounds like an intense and gripping read, delving into the frightening possibility of water supply poisoning as a terrorist threat. The book is notable for its masterful use of real-world examples to speculate on the likelihood of various scenarios.💧 The fast-paced plot, personal struggles of spies, and historical background make it a must-read for fans of espionage and political thrillers. 📚 Congrats on BOTD!!
Uma gupta
Currently Reading: Broken Faith
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uma-gupta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 29%

Post by Uma gupta »

Your in-depth analysis of "Waterworks" emphasizes how inventively it tackles terrorism while posing a terrifying risk of water supply contamination. Real-world science and technology are incorporated to strengthen the plot's credibility and produce an engaging story. The action and character development are perfectly balanced in this fast-paced plot that explores the intimate lives of spies. You praise the book's easygoing tone, tight editing, and compelling examination of historical locales, but you also recommend English translations for foreign terms.Your thoughtful critique, which offers praise as well as small recommendations, broadens the comprehension of possible readers. Your ultimate score of five points highlights the book's outstanding qualities. 

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”