Review of Waterworks

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 446
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: Review of Waterworks

Post by Sanju Lali »

An action thriller story featuring Lara and Uri can be found in the book "Waterworks" by Jack Winnick. In this book, Lara and Uri are summoned when they are on a vacation after a threat of terrorist attacks.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Abhishek Kumar Gupta
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhishek-kumar-gupta.html
Latest Review: The Forbidden Man by Gerald R Knight
2024 Reading Goal: 365
2024 Goal Completion: 19%

Post by Abhishek Kumar Gupta »

Your review of "Waterworks" by Jack Winnick provides a comprehensive analysis of the novel's strengths, particularly its innovative approach to terrorism and its incorporation of real-world events and technological concepts. The fast-paced narrative, coupled with insights into the personal lives of the protagonists, adds depth to the story and keeps readers engaged. Your suggestions for minor improvements, such as providing translations for foreign languages and phrases, are constructive. Overall, your review highlights the book's captivating blend of fiction and reality, making it a compelling read for fans of action-packed espionage thrillers.
Ajain12
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajain12.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Ajain12 »

*Waterworks* by Jack Winnick presents a gripping tale of terrorism with a unique focus on water supply poisoning. Realistic scenarios, fast-paced action, and personal insights make it a compelling read.
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 814
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

Waterworks by Jack Winnick promises a riveting dive into espionage and terrorism. The urgent race against time to thwart a water poisoning scheme grips you from the start. The personal struggles of the spies add depth to the high-stakes plot.
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

Yes, based on the information provided, the review appears to be helpful. It provides a concise summary of the book's plot, highlights its strengths such as the fast pace and personal exploration of the characters' lives, and mentions potential content warnings for sensitive readers. The review also suggests the book would appeal to fans of action-packed international espionage and those interested in political relations between Iran, Israel, and the US. The reviewer gives the book a rating of five out of five and praises its use of real-world examples to speculate on various scenarios. Overall, the review seems sufficient to give potential readers an idea of what to expect from the book and could motivate them to make a purchase. As for whether it feels like a great read, that is subjective and would depend on individual preferences.
Seetha E
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: The Reverend Psychopath by Dr Andrew Rynne

Post by Seetha E »

International terrorists use the most terrible way of attack: they target a basic necessity. Team Lara and Uri are on a quest to defend the nation. Given the present political climate, this makes for an interesting plot. Wonderful review. Congratulations on BOTD.
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: The Incarnation by Arthur Telling

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

The review is helpful, providing a concise summary of the book and highlighting its strengths. It offers sufficient information to understand the plot, genre, and target audience. The positive remarks and rating of five out of five may motivate readers to purchase the book. From the reviewer's perspective, "Waterworks" appears to be a good addition to anyone's library, particularly for those interested in action-packed international espionage and real-world speculative scenarios.
Mahimil Chishti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahimil-chishti.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Mahimil Chishti »

"Waterworks" is Jack Winnick’s fifth installment in the Lara and Uri Series of international thrillers. A group of terror-driven international thugs threaten the nation's drinking water with a terrible poison. The race is on for Lara and Uri to track the bad guys, foil their plan and bring the survivors to justice. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves mystery and espionage . 
Cristina-Ioana Toader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-ioana-toader.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Cristina-Ioana Toader »

Fans of spy novels and readers seeking a mix of suspense and investigative prowess will find this book particularly engaging.
Dennis Nickerson
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Cruel Romance
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dennis-nickerson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Dennis Nickerson »

I read the four-chapter sample of "Waterworks" by Jack Winnick on Kindle Unlimited. It is a tense and chilling fiction novel about a terrorist attack on the water supply of Los Angeles by an Iranian, Russian, and Hezbollah unholy alliance using a deadly nuclear reactor side product called polonium. Polonium was the same chemical used to poison and kill Russian dissident, Alexander Litvinensko in England in 2018. Although the novel is fiction, science, and technology are real and available. Jack Winnick’s credentials and lifetime achievements in chemical engineering and scholarship on Middle East affairs afford him the expertise to pen a thrilling and realistic novel that could potentially happen in the present.
Alissa Nesson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-nesson.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Alissa Nesson »

First I just wanna say, fantastic review! Having read only a few chapters of this on Amazon, I was immediately pulled in by the urgency of the situation and how quickly the story moved from the beginning. It looks to be a fast-paced and captivating read. I read your review after I read the free chapters and now I’m even more interested. I’m a big fan of these suspenseful stories.
“Our lives become the stories that we weave.”
- Once On This Island
Dennis Nickerson
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Cruel Romance
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dennis-nickerson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Dennis Nickerson »

A very good and thorough review of Waterworks by Jack Winnick. I also believe this fiction novel has enough background to make the plot seem more plausible. Jack Winnick’s credentials and lifetime achievements in chemical engineering and scholarship on Middle East affairs afford him the expertise to pen such a thrilling and realistic novel.
Himanshu K Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-himanshu-k-yadav.html
Latest Review: Tropical Scandal by David Myles Robinson

Post by Himanshu K Yadav »

An interesting, modern read. Added the drama an expertly written script with tension spots in all the right positions. Terrorize the mind with frightening thoughts of terrible outcomes. Congrats on #BOTD
Ram Uday Mahajan
Currently Reading: The Slippery Road.
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

Your detailed and insightful review of "Waterworks" by Jack Winnick is truly impressive. Your analysis of the plot, characters, and writing style showcases a deep understanding and appreciation for the book's themes and execution. Your attention to detail, especially regarding the balance between action and personal narrative, adds valuable insights for potential readers. Your suggestions for improvement are constructive and show a thoughtful consideration for enhancing the reader's experience. Overall, your review is thorough, engaging, and offers a compelling recommendation for fans of the genre. Well done!
Isabella Maharani
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Isabella Maharani »

I am new to reviewing books despite my fondness of reading. I am intriqued by just reading the review. The book seems very exciting and intriquing. Poisoining a water source is a fantastic way of terrorizing a city. It also will cause damage far more substantial than just a regular bomb threat or gun violence terrorism.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”