Review of An Error Of The Moon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: Frankie by Bruce Deitrick Price

Review of An Error Of The Moon

Post by Obc Contentor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "An Error Of The Moon" by Gerard Blackmore.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Sylvia Reardon, a student at Vermeulen College, was on her early morning jog along the path leading to St. Margaret's Lake when she noticed a seemingly human body floating in the water near the lake's entrance. As she approached for a closer look, she identified the victim as Father Matthew James Kelleher, the college president. She screamed upon recognizing him. Shortly after this discovery, college officials were filled with sorrow and confusion, launching an investigation into Kelleher's death. Unraveling the mystery proved to be a challenging task, with many surprises and setbacks awaiting the authorities as they interviewed various suspects.

An Error Of The Moon: A Novel by Gerard Blackmore tells the story of the mysteries surrounding Father Matthew James Kelleher's death and the efforts of college authorities to uncover the truth.

The plot offers an engaging reading experience, filled with suspense that compels readers to keep turning the pages. It also provides valuable insights into logical approaches for handling complex situations and interviewing suspects without falsely accusing them. I appreciate how the book portrays the investigative team, including Benjamin Purcell, the college's chief security officer; Roger Drouin, the college's chief of police; and Frank DiFlorio, the county's chief of detectives. Their realistic portrayal and effective investigative techniques are worth learning from. I admire their persuasive methods in dealing with suspects, even when those suspects hold positions of authority in the college.

However, there are a few aspects of the book that I found less appealing. The explanations and details in the story could be confusing at times. For instance, there's a scene where it's unclear how Kelleher's head injury was not immediately visible, as the book initially describes his body facing down in the water, and it later states that the injury was only noticed after the body was turned around. This seemed unrealistic and led to confusion. Additionally, the use of characters' first names in some scenes and last names in others disrupted comprehension and made the book somewhat tedious to read. On the bright side, the book is professionally edited, with only a few typos.

In summary, I would rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. It's recommended for those who enjoy suspenseful stories.

An Error Of The Moon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writings for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 432
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Post by NetMassimo »

You description depicts a model with some great elements that's just in need for some polishing, so it should be engaging despite the flaws you pointed out. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Beating Death: Doorways to The Universe by Sean O’Banion

Post by Veronica Hunter »

Gerard Blackmore's 'An Error Of The Moon: A Novel' presents a riveting tale of mystery and suspense centered around the unexpected death of Father Matthew James Kelleher, the college president. The author skillfully weaves a plot that keeps readers on the edge of their seats, filled with surprises and setbacks as the investigative team navigates the complexities of the case.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

I love the plot of this story from the way you have described it. It seems to be suspenseful and that is one of my biggest elements of like in a novel.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”