Review of Muriel MacDougall and The Mad God

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dauria04
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Daisy Jones and the Six
Currently Reading: The Mark of Athena
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dauria04.html
Latest Review: Musings of an Autistic Mind by Darryl Jefferson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: Review of Muriel MacDougall and The Mad God

Post by Dauria04 »

I hope the grammatical issues can be resolved because this seems like an interesting story filled with mystery. I look forward to knowing more about this walking library! Thank you for your excellent review.
"I had no interest in being somebody else's muse.
I am not a muse.
I am the somebody."

-Daisy Jones & The Six, Taylor Jenkins Reid.
The Keeper Jr
Favorite Book: The Cruel Prince
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-keeper-jr.html
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien

Post by The Keeper Jr »

Dauria04 wrote: 09 Nov 2023, 07:14 I hope the grammatical issues can be resolved because this seems like an interesting story filled with mystery. I look forward to knowing more about this walking library! Thank you for your excellent review.
Yeah I hope it gets a round of professional editing. It would make it a perfect book in the C/T/M/H genre. You would love it if you try it. Thank you very much Dauria, for taking the time to read my review.
"Once I did bad and that I heard ever. Twice I did good, but that I heard never." - Dale Carnegie
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: Sh*t Happens by Gavin L James.
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

At first, I thought this was a book aimed at the teenage market as that's the protagonist's age, but if there's a lot of swearing, then maybe it's more for an adult readership. I'm not sure if this is my kind of book, and I've just finished reading a poorly edited one, and I agree it really does bother me, too. Thanks for the honest review.
The Keeper Jr
Currently Reading:

Post by The Keeper Jr »

Stephen Christopher 1 wrote: 10 Nov 2023, 21:20 At first, I thought this was a book aimed at the teenage market as that's the protagonist's age, but if there's a lot of swearing, then maybe it's more for an adult readership. I'm not sure if this is my kind of book, and I've just finished reading a poorly edited one, and I agree it really does bother me, too. Thanks for the honest review.
Thank you very much for reading the review. I think it's also suitable for adults in general. I understand the editing issues and I hope we get books that are better in this department. Thanks again for the comment.
"Once I did bad and that I heard ever. Twice I did good, but that I heard never." - Dale Carnegie
HelenOM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by HelenOM »

Not a huge fan of dark religions or dark stories. Although the story wasn't so bad. Not a bad read though
Jamessmith0901
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jamessmith0901 »

This sounds like a fascinating novel filled with adventure and mystique. I'm intrigued to delve into this new world with Muriel and discover what fate awaits her. However, I do appreciate the reviewer bringing attention to the editing issue of the book. Despite this, I'm looking forward to reading it.
The Keeper Jr
Currently Reading:

Post by The Keeper Jr »

Jamessmith0901 wrote: 12 Nov 2023, 21:14 This sounds like a fascinating novel filled with adventure and mystique. I'm intrigued to delve into this new world with Muriel and discover what fate awaits her. However, I do appreciate the reviewer bringing attention to the editing issue of the book. Despite this, I'm looking forward to reading it.
Thanks for your kind words. Hope you enjoy our reviews and I can't wait to read your thoughts when you read this book.
The Keeper Jr
Currently Reading:

Post by The Keeper Jr »

HelenOM wrote: 12 Nov 2023, 17:46 Not a huge fan of dark religions or dark stories. Although the story wasn't so bad. Not a bad read though
Thank you for the comment!
Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-lisa-anyango.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Post by Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango »

I hate blackbirds, and it feels worse to be attached by one. Actually birds rarely attack people unless it's a vudu magic thing. Just saying
The Keeper Jr
Currently Reading:

Post by The Keeper Jr »

Risper o wrote: 14 Nov 2023, 09:08 I hate blackbirds, and it feels worse to be attached by one. Actually birds rarely attack people unless it's a vudu magic thing. Just saying
Yes, that's exactly the case in this book. I also agree that some books aren't for certain readers. I'm neutral about black birds. I don't hate them but I don't love them as well. Thanks for the comment!
Lalqan7
Currently Reading:

Post by Lalqan7 »

Honestly, this sounds like a great book. The character of Muriel herself really interests me. Having a complicated life and then that life taking many more turns, really sound amazing. I myself really like reading books with mystery and complication, because it makes you wait until the end to find out what happens. Thank you for the Review!
Ihotu
Currently Reading:

Post by Ihotu »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on "Muriel MacDougall and the Mad God" by C. Kiefer. It's evident that you were captivated by the mysterious and magical elements of Muriel's journey, as well as the richly developed world of the story. Your mention of engaging characters and emotional depth adds a personal touch to the review. The note on the editing issues, while a concern, doesn't overshadow your overall enjoyment, reflected in the 4 out of 5 stars rating. Your recommendation and insights into the genre make this review helpful for potential readers.
The Keeper Jr
Currently Reading:

Post by The Keeper Jr »

Lalqan7 wrote: 15 Nov 2023, 11:13 Honestly, this sounds like a great book. The character of Muriel herself really interests me. Having a complicated life and then that life taking many more turns, really sound amazing. I myself really like reading books with mystery and complication, because it makes you wait until the end to find out what happens. Thank you for the Review!
Thank you very much for your kind words. I think you will enjoy this book if you read it. Have a great time!
The Keeper Jr
Currently Reading:

Post by The Keeper Jr »

Ihotu wrote: 15 Nov 2023, 12:08 Thank you for sharing your thoughts on "Muriel MacDougall and the Mad God" by C. Kiefer. It's evident that you were captivated by the mysterious and magical elements of Muriel's journey, as well as the richly developed world of the story. Your mention of engaging characters and emotional depth adds a personal touch to the review. The note on the editing issues, while a concern, doesn't overshadow your overall enjoyment, reflected in the 4 out of 5 stars rating. Your recommendation and insights into the genre make this review helpful for potential readers.
Thanks for reading my review and your encouraging words. I hope you get to read this book.
Annie Gold
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annie-gold.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Annie Gold »

Woahh. What a mystery! I wonder how Muriel would deal with her worries and future fears

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”