Review of Missing Values

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Somtochukwu O Ezeme
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-somtochukwu-o-ezeme.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Review of Missing Values

Post by Somtochukwu O Ezeme »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Missing Values" by Michael Grigsby.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

When a crime occurs, the alert will move the police, crime units, FBI, forensic unit, and medical professionals to the scene. What are they looking for? Are they looking for pieces of scattered information about the crime? Are they looking for links to crime syndicates? Missing Values by Michael Grigsby answers the questions above. The book starts with a woman and a guy, members of a criminal organization called the Red Ring, searching for recruits. The operation of Red Ring cuts across drugs, kidnapping, prostitution, arm dealing, selling of body parts, and all other investments used as covers to the primary operations.

Among the criminal organizations in the book, the Red Ring is the most prominent, owned by three brothers, known for zero tolerance for spies, zero tolerance for failure, and brutal punishment for simple acts. When Mabel, a high-ranking member of the organization, helped a client complete his payment, she was put in a coffin under the basement for three days without food, water, or air. I like the intelligence of Patrick and the FBI agent. The storyline is the positive aspect of the book.

Set out on two missions: first, to find recruits for the organization, and second, to pay off their debts, Mabel and Kane went through three states: kidnapping, killing, stealing, and doing everything possible to complete their mission. In the process, they kidnapped the sister of an FBI agent and the son of a marketing strategist, Patrick; then the chase began. Will they succeed in their mission? Will the FBI agent capture them, save her sister, and get revenge for her family? Will Patrick see his only son again? Get a copy and find out.

There are no negative aspects to the book. I do not dislike the book, but the book contains a lot of gory scenes; if you are sensitive to crime and blood, you may not enjoy the book. The story in the book is easy to comprehend. The editing is flawless. I rate the book Missing Values by Michael Grigsby 5 out of 5 stars. The reasons for my rating are above.

I recommend the book to young adults and fans of intelligent crime stories. Security personnel may also find it helpful.

Missing Values
View: on Bookshelves
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Citadel
Bookshelf Size: 430
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 43%

Post by NetMassimo »

This crime thriller tells quite a violent story of a clash between law enforcement and a ruthless criminal organization. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”