Review of The Haunting of Towne Point Mall

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Re: Review of The Haunting of Towne Point Mall

Post by Lucy Vera »

Why read one book with a single story when you can get different stories in a single book? The stories appear to be filled with thrill and I can’t wait to read it. Your review was amazing.
Kristin Cowan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Get Out of My Bed by Shirley Wooten Rose

Post by Kristin Cowan »

I enjoy horror short stories, especially ones that tie together. It can be difficult to develop a good plotline in a short story and include horror elements that aren't too cheesy. I may check this one out!
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

Based on the review, it seems that Jason Fischer's The Haunting of Towne Point Mall is a gripping and intriguing horror collection. The interconnected short stories, clever use of the mall theme, and creative plot points were highly praised. The author's ability to captivate readers despite the short story format was highlighted. While one story was perceived as weaker, it didn't diminish the overall quality of the book. With simple language and professional editing, this book appears to be a great choice for lovers of psychological horror.
Jabulile Mahlangu 1
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Obsidian Tomorrow
Bookshelf Size: 32
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 28%

Post by Jabulile Mahlangu 1 »

Expecting the unexpected has never been harder for Nancy.Unconditional love is at play here even on her sudden shock and misery. Giving birth to a skin shedding skeleton is truly the last thing on any pregnant persons mind.A maternal instinct is truly something that cannot be taught because as soon as she realised her child was different , terror ran through her veins.

In page 254 " Nancy stared at his tiny gray skeletal body feeling as though she was staring at some attraction in a carnival haunted house instead of a child born from her and George's love". It took a very positive mindset for her to see more than just an attraction but a son.Her approach to this phenomenon has made her stronger. Strong enough to choose being a mother over a wife.

As the Dr let her know that this is not the first case he has seen and also the child can live to a normal old age , it only traumatised her , but she deals bravely with it.The divorce between herself and George who happens to be an engineer ,building a mall and spending more time with his secretary has become some sort of a norm for her and it doesn't stop her from learning how to love her offspring.

Chad the emotionless boy who now at the surprising age of 4 is taken on an trip to the mall on Halloween. Perfect is that not? Nothing looks out of place on Halloween night. Showing lack of interest in everything except for the escalator that happens to mistakenly chew his mother up. When George was told he asked about the son and no one had answers for him. A comical tragedy.

Exceptional writing. I was amused throughout the terror and entertained. One thing I value most about this genre there are always twists and turns , no cliches or anything predictable . A 5 out of 5 rating for the amazing work of art compiled between these covers

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”