Review of See Me: A Jeannie Johal Thriller

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Re: Review of See Me: A Jeannie Johal Thriller

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I am fascinated by the reason why Jeannie Johal faked her death. I am intrigued by Jeannie's new identity and new life. I am interested in learning how Jeannie's supposed fresh start in Canada would soon feature murder investigations and racist colleagues.
Amy_Jackson
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-jackson.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Amy_Jackson »

No matter how good a story, the writing also has to be excellent for the reader to fully enjoy it. I'm glad this book still won your heart, despite the few areas you didn't like. I applaud the author for an intriguing storyline.
Victoria Zoe
Currently Reading: The Divine Memoir
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-zoe.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa

Post by Victoria Zoe »

Jeannie Johan is a lady who faced abuse and infringement of her rights by an over-controlling husband. She thought it wise to separate from such life she faced. Will love to read her thrilling story. Congrats on the BOTD and a satisfactory review.
Tejas Koli
Favorite Book: Alice In Dreamland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tejas-koli.html
Latest Review: Blood Vengeance by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 110%

Post by Tejas Koli »

Your review of "See Me: A Jeannie Johal Thriller" provides a well-rounded perspective on the novel, covering elements like the plot, characters, writing style, and your overall reading experience. Your appreciation for the thrilling nature of the story, the complexity of characters, and the unpredictability of each storyline reflects the engaging quality of the narrative.

Your acknowledgment of the author's talent, despite some issues with the writing style and dialogue, adds nuance to your critique. Mentioning that the storytelling was fantastic, but the dialogue felt jerky and unnatural, offers constructive feedback for potential improvement.

Highlighting the discovery of errors in the book and suggesting another round of editing further contributes to the comprehensive nature of your review. Your honesty about enjoying the book despite the mentioned criticisms demonstrates a fair and balanced evaluation.

Your final rating of 4 out of 5 stars reflects your positive overall impression and the strength of the novel's suspenseful and action-packed elements. The recommendation for mature readers and those drawn to thriller novels provides helpful guidance to potential readers.

Thank you for sharing your thoughtful insights into "See Me: A Jeannie Johal Thriller"! 🌟📚 #BookReview #ThrillerNovel #SuspensefulReading
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: I Have Proof of a Higher Power by Ioan Dirina

Post by Harty Muli »

I appreciate that this book deals with the issue of domestic violence. Thanks for the review.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 86188
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1376%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

Johal fly to Canada and begins investigating patient harm within the healthcare system she discover a web of work place and illicit relationship only for her to discover that someone was out to get her is it her domineering hubby!?
Abbdul Razak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arazak226.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill
2024 Reading Goal: 140
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Abbdul Razak »

Congratulations on this amazing review and opportunity. The review was clear and fair. Congrats on the BOTD. And I enjoyed the review.
Absolute the skies are not my limit but beyond the boundary of matter :music-listening:
sasad4733
Currently Reading: Many Rides, Many Stories
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by sasad4733 »

First of all, the way you described Jeannie faking her death and all to run away from her husband, I was intrigued but then you mentioned the dialogue in the book coming off as fake sometimes which really deterred my interest in the book. Thank you for a honest review.
Marina Flisvou
Currently Reading: Jake Fortina and the Roman Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: Legacy: Wisdom of African Traditions and the Bible by Chris Morehouse

Post by Marina Flisvou »

Thank you for your review. "See Me: A Jeannie Johal Thriller" by Susann Camus appears to be a captivating and well-constructed thriller, offering suspense, action, and well-developed characters. Your balanced critique provides valuable insights into both the strengths and areas for improvement in this suspenseful novel.
Marina
Beulah Oghenerukevwe Akpovire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beulah-oghenerukevwe-akpovire.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by Beulah Oghenerukevwe Akpovire »

I honestly can’t believe I’m spiked this much just from a review. I literally have goosebumps, I think it could however be due also to the fact that I am biassed towards suspense, thrillers, and just the right amount of violence. With that being said how do I get to read this book please 🤤
Soukaina Tajidi
Favorite Book: Timewise
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soukaina-tajidi.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Soukaina Tajidi »

This book was a roller coaster ride of twists and turns that kept me hooked from the first page to the last. I also liked how the author portrayed Jeannie as a strong and smart woman who faced many challenges and dangers in her new life. She was a very relatable and realistic character.

However, I disagree with you on the author’s writing style. I thought the dialogue was smooth and natural, and it showed the personality and emotions of the characters. I also did not notice any errors in the book, so I think the editing was well done. I think the author has a great talent for writing suspenseful and engaging stories. I would give this book 5 out of 5 stars.

I would also recommend this book to thriller fans, especially those who are interested in the healthcare system and the issues of patient safety and quality improvement. The book gives a realistic and insightful look into the problems and solutions of the healthcare system, and how they affect the lives of the people involved. It also raises some ethical and moral questions that make the reader think. This book is not for the faint of heart, as it contains some graphic and disturbing scenes of violence and abuse. But if you are looking for a thrilling and captivating read, this book is for you.
Soukaina Tajidi
Favorite Book: Timewise
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soukaina-tajidi.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Soukaina Tajidi »

This book was a roller coaster ride of twists and turns that kept me hooked from the first page to the last. I also liked how the author portrayed Jeannie as a strong and smart woman who faced many challenges and dangers in her new life. She was a very relatable and realistic character.

However, I disagree with you on the author’s writing style. I thought the dialogue was smooth and natural, and it showed the personality and emotions of the characters. I also did not notice any errors in the book, so I think the editing was well done. I think the author has a great talent for writing suspenseful and engaging stories. I would give this book 5 out of 5 stars.

I would also recommend this book to thriller fans, especially those who are interested in the healthcare system and the issues of patient safety and quality improvement. The book gives a realistic and insightful look into the problems and solutions of the healthcare system, and how they affect the lives of the people involved. It also raises some ethical and moral questions that make the reader think. This book is not for the faint of heart, as it contains some graphic and disturbing scenes of violence and abuse. But if you are looking for a thrilling and captivating read, this book is for you.
Bethany Kroeger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bethany-kroeger.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Bethany Kroeger »

This seems like an exceptionally well-done thriller that I am very interesting in reading! Thank you for a thorough review-it’s what made me want to read it!
Shruti Sharma 25
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shruti Sharma 25 »

"See Me: A Jeannie Johal Thriller" is a thrilling and easy-to-follow mystery. Jeannie Johal, a smart investigator, tackles a gripping case. The plot is exciting, full of surprises, and keeps you guessing. It's a page-turner for anyone who loves mysteries with a strong and clever lead character.
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Involuntary Reroute by Robert Laney
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 126%

Post by Martina Sette »

This book is a rollercoaster! Loved the twists and complex characters, though the dialogue was a bit off.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”