Review of Someone Died In My House

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saima Rahman
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saima-rahman.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Review of Someone Died In My House

Post by Saima Rahman »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Someone Died In My House" by Meg Howald.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Someone Died In My House by Meg Howald is an intricately woven tale of haunted love.

Ben admits to himself that someone has died in his house. He resides within a house bearing the lingering presence of someone deceased, sensing their existence, catching whiffs of their scent, and even hearing the haunting melody of a Billy Holiday song. His sole desire is to shield his daughter, Annie, and expel the entity tormenting him. However, navigating this unsettling situation proves far more challenging than anticipated. As Ben grapples with the supernatural, others, including Vienna, Annie's art teacher, Bev, a prominent figure, and the intertwined fates of Rose and Joseph, become embroiled in this paranormal turmoil. If confronted with a haunted house, how would you react? Witness Ben's endeavours to safeguard himself, his daughter, and his companions amidst an unfolding narrative filled with gripping twists and turns.

The writing is simple and impactful. Thoughtfully crafted characters significantly enhance the narrative, adding depth and intrigue. The story is exquisitely executed, with unexpected twists. Its mastery of conveying horror elements is exceptional, delivering a thrilling experience. The spine-tingling moments within the tale were thoroughly captivating and my absolute favourite. The vivid descriptions blend seamlessly with the paranormal facets, elevating the overall experience to new heights.

The book was an enthralling read, and there was nothing that I disliked. The storyline, a tapestry woven with elements of horror, history, and romance, provided a rich reading experience. Each aspect seamlessly intertwined, creating a captivating blend that kept me thoroughly engrossed from start to finish.

This amazing book boasts an array of commendable qualities. Its character development is impeccable, breathing life into each persona and making them relatable and compelling. The narrative unfolds with a perfect balance, seamlessly blending elements of suspense, drama, and chilling moments. The author's writing style is enchanting, painting vivid scenes that effortlessly transport readers into the heart of the story. Moreover, the story captivates, intricately weaving together historical nuances with a touch of romance, creating a tapestry of emotions that resonate long after the book is finished. The pacing is masterful, maintaining an engaging rhythm, while the seamless integration of horror elements adds an exhilarating layer to the narrative. The book's only drawback lies in the presence of a handful of errors and the lack of comprehensive editing, resulting in a deduction of one point from my rating. Hence, I give it a rating of 4 out of 5 stars.

This book will appeal to readers of genres such as mystery, historical fiction, horror, and romantic thrillers. However, I recommend the book to adult readers because of the explicit content.

Someone Died In My House
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

A suspenseful novel that blends different genres and includes well-constructed characters is certainly interesting. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Korir Kipchumba Victor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-korir-kipchumba-victor.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Korir Kipchumba Victor »

I always look forward to reading books with well crafted characters. I also love mystery and somewhat of a horror genre and this sounds like a perfect fit for me. I would love to read this book. This is such a beautiful review
Ruth Andanje
Currently Reading: Women with Partners in Prison
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-andanje.html
Latest Review: The One by Tyler Cook
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by Ruth Andanje »

I am yet to read a horror novel that is truly scary, one that would make me sleep with my night light on for months and after reading this review, I might give this book a try. Thank you for this amazing review.
Latest Review: The One by Tyler Cook
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

The review for "Someone Died In My House" by Meg Howald is overwhelmingly positive, describing the book as an enthralling, captivating, and skillfully crafted narrative. The reviewer praises the simple yet impactful writing style, thoughtfully crafted characters, and exceptional conveyance of horror elements. The blending of genres, character development, and historical nuances are also applauded. Although some errors are mentioned, overall, the book appears to be a highly recommended read for fans of mystery, historical fiction, horror, and romantic thrillers.
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

I can't remember the last time I read an horror novel. What really caught my attention was the title of the novel. Going through the review I can tell that the story will be scary to read. I really don't mind giving it a try. This was an awesome review by the way. Thanks!
Azaz Raja
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azaz-raja.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Azaz Raja »

Thank you for the detailed review of "Someone Died In My House" by Meg Howald! Your insights on the captivating storyline, character development, and blend of genres are valuable. Your 4-star rating and recommendation for adult readers provide a clear overview of the book's strengths and audience suitability. Happy reading to those intrigued by this haunting tale!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”