Review of Lone Walk From Panther Creek Book 2

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Isaac Oh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaac-oh.html
Latest Review: What I Hear When God Speaks by Allen J Brown Jr

Review of Lone Walk From Panther Creek Book 2

Post by Isaac Oh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lone Walk From Panther Creek Book 2" by Cecilia Payne Kat Kaelin.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Every town has its little dirty secrets that may have been hidden for years. Nottsville is not an exception. By some strange twist of fate, Kamma lost her husband to the cold hands of death in June 1954. He was the only confidant and lover she had known all her life. While trying to navigate widowhood, her brother Lewis wrote to her, asking to stay with her for a while. Kamma accepts, knowing she does not want to feel alone. This is the start of all her woes and the unearthing of the dirty secrets in Nottsville. The Lone Walk From Panther Creek by Cecilia Payne Kat Kaelin captures it all.

There are some positive aspects to this book. Set in the 20th century, the diction of the book blends in perfectly with the setting. The expressions, slang, and cuss words were in consonance with the setting of the book, which was towards the end of World War II. The diction was also poetic, capturing the emotions of the characters and projecting them onto readers. The book was also professionally edited. I could discover just a minor grammatical error. Generally, the language structure was impeccable.

The book is a captivating story about a young widow who struggles to continue her life after her husband, Allen, dies. She would have to go through humiliation at the hands of her brother, who went to prison while battling with loss and grief. She would have to show strength of character, which she learned to bury deep within her all her life. Would it be enough, though?

What even makes this true-life story more exciting is the unworldly element in the story. Kamma's story is no ordinary story. It also raises the question of what happens after death. The only thing I disliked about the book was that I felt it was not properly developed. I would have loved to read more about the unworldly experiences that happened in Nottsville. Cecilia never included the circumstances that led her to write Kamma's story until the later pages of the book, which felt rushed and left me with a lot of questions.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because, regardless of the flaws, it does not take away from enjoying the book. I recommend it to readers who enjoy true-life stories and supernatural stories with unexpected twists.

Lone Walk From Panther Creek Book 2
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This historical fiction with supernatural elements is used to develop some profound themes in the development of Kamma's story. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-gye.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Timothy Gye »

Thank you for providing such a thorough and enthusiastic review of Patricia Conroy's "Mockingbird Moon". Your observations regarding the book's captivating plot, outstanding visuals, and educational value are useful to future readers. It's encouraging to learn how the author was able to pique people's interest in nature and bird watching. Your personal connection to the narrative, together with the recommendations for different audiences, gives dimension to the review. Excellent job conveying your passion!
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-gye.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Timothy Gye »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review, Your detailed analysis highlights the author's skillful blend of science and marketing concepts, enriched by engaging personal anecdotes. It's encouraging to see the positive impact of real-world examples and the effectiveness of practical insights. Your thorough appreciation, including the absence of dislikes and recognition of the well-edited content, reinforces the book's value. Your 5-star rating and recommendation make a compelling case for readers!
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

The review highlights the positive aspects of "The Lone Walk From Panther Creek" by Cecilia Payne Kat Kaelin, such as the authentic language and poetic diction that aligns with the setting. The book is described as a captivating story about a young widow's struggle after her husband's death, with an intriguing supernatural element. However, the reviewer expresses a desire for more development in the supernatural aspects, feeling that it was rushed. Overall, the book is recommended for readers who enjoy true-life stories and supernatural tales with unexpected twists.
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The 20th-century setting's authentic diction and poetic language appeal to me, creating a vivid backdrop for Kamma's journey. The portrayal of her strength amidst grief and the unworldly elements in the story add an intriguing layer. Although the pacing of the supernatural aspect left you with questions, your 5-star rating and the recommendation assure me it's a captivating read. Looking forward to this emotional and supernatural rollercoaster!
J Writes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-writes.html
Latest Review: Three Paths to Autonomy and Self-Actualisation for Therapists and Clients by Linda Gregory Ph.D.

Post by J Writes »

This review, taken as a whole, provides a fair assessment of "The Lone Walk From Panther Creek," recognizing its strong points in terms of language, setting, and plot while also pointing out sections where the story could be improved and extended. This review offers insightful information that prospective readers who are interested in historical fiction with supernatural elements should take into consideration when reading the book.
Rohith Kumar Pakala
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohith-kumar-pakala.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rohith Kumar Pakala »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book. Great information is given by you about the book, thank you for that.
Sweeter Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sweeter Parker »

This book's story sounds tragic and I'm curious to read the actual book and find out what happens to the wife's like. Will definitely be checking this one out.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”