Review by micoleon13 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
micoleon13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micoleon13.html
Latest Review: Sandusky Burning by Bryan W. Conway

Review by micoleon13 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by micoleon13 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Some books woo the reader into the story during the starting chapters, giving you and the characters a chance to get to know each other. Not so with Lincoln Cole’s Raven’s Peak. It grabs you by the throat and throws you head first into the action packed fantasy thriller.

Every one of the 219 pages is filled to the brim with gripping plot twists, character development and supernatural horror. I started the first chapter to have just a quick browse to get an idea of the story, and was immediately sucked in, so much so that I had to read it in one sitting.

Abigail is working hard to redeem herself in the eyes of the Council, taking menial cases to try and regain their trust and confidence. During what should have been a basic mission to diffuse a supernatural occurrence, Abigail finds herself in the middle of chaos, as everything collapses around her.

Caught up in this mess with her, is Haatim. Unemployed, depressed and unsure of what to do with his life, Haatim is unexpectedly thrown into a world of demons and the supernatural with only Abigail as his guide. He quickly finds that nothing is as he had believed, and this new world is controlled by Hunters, Councils and secret societies with astronomical power.

Dragged along for the ride, Haatim joins Abigail in a quiet backwater town to investigate some suspicious behaviour and unexplained deaths. It quickly becomes apparent that there is something very wrong in the small town of Raven’s Peak. During the course of their investigation, Abigail’s past unexpectedly comes racing back, forcing her to face her role in the tragedy from the year before. The question is whether she will be strong enough to do what needs to be done now.

This fast-paced book leaves you little time to take a breath, as it races from one plot twist to another. It is beautifully written, and reminds the reader of Stephen King, with gory scenes described in such a clean, no nonsense way, as to further emphasis the horror of what is happening.

The first in the series, Raven’s Peak ends on a substantial cliff-hanger, which immediately lures you into the following book. I was completely unable to put this book down, and read it with baited breath. An avid watcher of the Supernatural TV series, there were unexpected similarities in the premise of hunting demons, which I enjoyed immensely.

I rate this 4 out of 4 stars. It was an exceptional read and I would recommend it to anyone who likes Stephen King, mystery, thrillers, and the supernatural. It is one of the better books I have read for a long while and I cannot wait to read the rest of the series.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like micoleon13's review? Post a comment saying so!
Kateen
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Kateen »

Awesome review! I can't wait to start reading this book it sounds amazing!
Paul Rickson
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Paul Rickson »

Would love to check out this book. I'm new to the forums and this sounds like an awesome recommendation for a book of the month! I'll get a copy today!
Zachary92
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Zachary92 »

Wow, this book sounds really cool. It sounds like a movie!
Katherine Smith
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 524">Nancy Drew</a>
Currently Reading: The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe
Bookshelf Size: 504
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-smith.html
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Reading Device: B01KVZV52A

Post by Katherine Smith »

I loved your review and I can't wait to read that book. I am a fan of crime, mystery, and horror novels. I have heard about the literary genius of Stephen King.
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
christinac_2585
Currently Reading: City of Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinac-2585.html
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by christinac_2585 »

Outstanding Review. I read Raven's Peak and like you couldn't put it down. I love how Abigail and Haatim's interact throughout the book. I feel Abigail was able to open up to Haatim, and he was able to gain strength from Abigail and how loyal she is to the cause.
"Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home."
- Anna Quindlen
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman
micoleon13
Currently Reading:

Post by micoleon13 »

Thanks, I'm glad you liked the review! Like I said I really enjoyed this book, it's been a long time since I've had to read a book cover to cover in one go. I really want to read the next one!
olaiya oluwafemi
Currently Reading: In the shadow of Angels
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olaiya-oluwafemi.html

Post by olaiya oluwafemi »

Awesome review. The story is very interesting and more attractive. The novel is a must read book. The interaction of Abigail and Haatim is fantastic. It sounds amazing.
micoleon13
Currently Reading:

Post by micoleon13 »

Thanks, hope you enjoy the book
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

The review is great. This is indeed a good book for it drags us to another dimension of this world. It pastes us to where we are sitted just to flip from one page to another.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
Moniquejm
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 2759">What is and isn't Working for the Alcoholic and Addict</a>
Currently Reading: Small Change
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moniquejm.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Post by Moniquejm »

A very well written review. The book is interesting and must read this story too.
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
Chrys Brobbey
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrys-brobbey.html
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis

Post by Chrys Brobbey »

Sounds like a definite must-read book. Thanks for the scoop.
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis
michelonline29
Favorite Book: The Eurasians
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelonline29.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by michelonline29 »

Very nice review. I can't wait to start reading this book.
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
James Craft
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: Carnivore
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-craft.html
Latest Review: "Perdido Bay Blues" by Jacqueline Lane
fav_author_id: 26410

Post by James Craft »

Awesome review! You make the book sound fantastic, and I know personally that it is and am already on the third in the series! Thanks so much for this!
Latest Review: "Perdido Bay Blues" by Jacqueline Lane
Kenneth Charles
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Kenneth Charles »

I already bought myself a copy of this and signed up for the club because of this book. It's nice to see a place like this showcasing fantasy stuff instead of things like 'Girl on a Train'

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”