Review of Invisible Threat

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Omneya Shakeep
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Re: Review of Invisible Threat

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

I enjoyed reading your summary very much; it made me eager to find out what happened to Alan and Sabina. Your dissection of the book is remarkable; it gives the reader a nice heads-up about the negative aspects of the book. Thanks for the recommendation and this insightful review!
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Cara Wilding
Favorite Book: Sierra Six
Currently Reading: Global Vice
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cara-wilding.html
Latest Review: Family Business by James Jack Fauser
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 7%

Post by Cara Wilding »

Mari Thompson wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 14:56 Congratulations on an official online book club review in place of a volunteer review 🎉 As for this particular book, I’m glad it is fiction and even so, I wouldn’t want the karma of any characters in the story 🫣 Your review gave me a great visual of what takes place in the story and I completely understand the star deduction. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this book. Great job.
Mari, thanks so much! I'm glad it was fiction too; however, it almost felt a little "too close to home" with the recent pandemic and all the conspiracy theories surrounding it! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a quick comment! Until next time...
:tiphat:
Cara Wilding

Post by Cara Wilding »

Bettny Andrade wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 18:37 I love these types of stories. I am passionate about chemistry, biology and genetics. I love learning about genes, crosses and mutations. Although ironically I didn't study anything about it :doh: :lol2: .

This book has all the signs of a story that would have me glued to the pages. I understand your point of view regarding Nari, I usually appreciate this kind of thing in a book when a secondary character appears at key points and that makes it possible for a sequel to be the focal point. It's good to keep that in mind.

As always, excellent review, thank you very much! See you! :techie-studyingbrown:
Bettny, hahaha, it is ironic that you love those topics so much but have never studied them! There is a good amount of medical talk in this book that you'd probably love to nerd out with! I hope there is a sequel to this book; it is a great starter book! I'll be looking for Nari as well! Thanks so much for reading my review and leaving a comment! Until next time...
Cara Wilding

Post by Cara Wilding »

Stephen Christopher 1 wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 23:59 Wow! You're an official reviewer now, fantastic!!! Ok so yes I love Robin Cook and don't even get me started on Patricia Cornwall, so as first I wanted to read this, setting up a character for a sequel is one of my pet hates in a book, and as Nari doesn't serve any purpose that's going to irk me. Hmmm, I'm in 2 minds about this book. You know me well enough by now. Read or park?
Stephen, we are all official reviewers (this book just happened not to have been reviewed yet)! If you like Cook and Cornwell, despite the secondary character issue...this is worth reading. I think we, as reviewers, are pretty picky about things that most readers might not even notice—the story is a good one, the characters are believable, and it's a quick read—so it's a read! Thanks for stopping by, reading the review, and commenting! Until next time...
Cara Wilding

Post by Cara Wilding »

Anaïs Quesson wrote: 01 Feb 2024, 10:11 Hello there, Cara! What happened?? I was gone for only a month or so and you're now an official reviewer?? :lol: Congratulations! This is very well deserved. As always, this review is among the most compelling on this forum.
The biological weapon in this book reminds me of Inferno by Dan Brown. (I think I remember an old comment of yours stating you liked The Da Vinci Code...) Despite the negative comments you outlined, Invisible Threat sounds like a book I'd love to read. Hopefully, it will be the case soon!
I hope you're doing well. I'm happy to be back and read more of your reviews! xox
Anais! You're back! I missed you! We are all official reviewers; the only difference is that this book has not been officially reviewed yet! I've only found a handful of these, but they are easier to find when you move up the levels wink: I don't think I've read that particular book, but yes, I'm a big fan of The Da Vinci Code! I thought it was a very good book, and if you have time, I would certainly pick it up. I've been taking bigger breaks these past few weeks (so much to do, so little time), but I'm so glad to see you back here :romance-heartbeating: :romance-heartbeating: :romance-heartbeating: . I'll be checking on your reviews! Thanks for reading my review and leaving me comments! Until next time...
Azaz Raja
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azaz-raja.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Azaz Raja »

I appreciate your insightful review, which delves into the author's adept integration of science and marketing principles, complemented by captivating personal stories. Your comprehensive evaluation, acknowledging the absence of criticisms and applauding the well-crafted content, underscores the book's worth. Your 5-star rating and recommendation serve as a compelling endorsement for prospective readers. Lastly, congratulations on your official status as a reviewer.
Anaïs Quesson
Favorite Book: The Song of Achilles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-s-quesson.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Anaïs Quesson »

Cara Wilding wrote: 10 Feb 2024, 18:55 Anais! You're back! I missed you! We are all official reviewers; the only difference is that this book has not been officially reviewed yet! I've only found a handful of these, but they are easier to find when you move up the levels wink: I don't think I've read that particular book, but yes, I'm a big fan of The Da Vinci Code! I thought it was a very good book, and if you have time, I would certainly pick it up. I've been taking bigger breaks these past few weeks (so much to do, so little time), but I'm so glad to see you back here :romance-heartbeating: :romance-heartbeating: :romance-heartbeating: . I'll be checking on your reviews! Thanks for reading my review and leaving me comments! Until next time...
Thank you a lot Cara, I missed you too! I just submitted my latest review, I can't wait to have it approved. I missed this community so much!
Ahh, I lost all my bonus points and need to boost my score again haha :) I believe Inferno will suit you then! It is very much like The Da Vinci Code. (And if you have no time to read, it also has a movie adaptation with Tom Hanks! :D ) In any way, I'll see now if I can get Invisible Threat as my next review. You really made me eager to read it, and I'm in the mood for a good thriller!
I'm looking forward to reading more of your kind words soon :gay-rainbow:
Anaïs - she/her

"No nightingales. You idiot. We could have been... us."
Cara Wilding

Post by Cara Wilding »

NetMassimo wrote: 01 Feb 2024, 15:55 Despite some choices that might have made the book longer than it needed, overall, this seems like an engaging thriller rooted in the world history of recent decades. Thank you for your great review!
I've come to appreciate the inclusion of more recent world events in this genre! Thank "you" for reading my review and leaving me a quick comment! Until next time...
Cara Wilding

Post by Cara Wilding »

Gerry Steen wrote: 01 Feb 2024, 19:47
Hi, Cara. Thank you for your thorough review of this book. Right from the word Polonium, you caught my interest. I read about Polonium, and its use in terrorism in the spy, action, thriller book Waterworks by Jack Winnick. You are right, biological warfare has been going on for a long time. I remember watching Garner Ted Armstrong warn us on T.V. about biological warfare in the water. I think I was only 8 or 9 years old. It is only in the past 10 years that I have started to feel that it can affect me, a civilian. That being said, I am interested in this book. :techie-studyinggray:
Gerry, the history of biological warfare goes way back; some of the first uses were using plaque victims as weapons! I really enjoy the history of warfare, certainly owing to my military background :wink: It is disturbing how easily this type of "attack" could be used (without attribution). Think of all the COVID conspiracies out there, and if even one of them has a semblance of truth, the repercussions! My memories go back to the conflicts in the Middle East during the 80's and the use of biological weapons then. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Until next time...
Cara Wilding

Post by Cara Wilding »

Runan wrote: 02 Feb 2024, 14:35 Measles outbreak, insider trading, and murders? This story has a lot happening that will surely keep me glued till the end. The author should have teased the readers a little by not displaying clear clues in the investigation. Nevertheless, the plot seems interesting enough to give it a shot. Also,I like how you structure and phrase your sentences in your review. It was enjoyable to read your review. :tiphat:
Runan, it did have some great aspects to keep a reader engaged! Thank you for your kind comments and I'm so glad you enjoyed reading the review. I love writing, but the idea of publishing is a nightmare, so here I stay, writing short bits :lol: I appreciate you! Until next time...
Cara Wilding

Post by Cara Wilding »

Amy Luman wrote: 02 Feb 2024, 18:01 This is my kind of book! I don’t know why I am so captivated by stories of terrorism, but I am. Alan seems like a guy that was easily drawn into these events through association and I can identify with that. Maybe the stories get to me because they are about doing something that no one else knows about. Anyway, this is a great review. Thanks.
Amy, you and me both! I do love a good terrorism read! The author did a great job of letting the reader see how this could happen in America. The idea that there is a whole underground world of crime and espionage that we aren't privy to, except as readers...is probably why I'm addicted! Thanks so much, as always, for reading my review and leaving me some comments! Until next time...
Cara Wilding

Post by Cara Wilding »

RJ Reviews wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 09:54 I am drooling! All the elements you mentioned are begging me to grab a copy ASAP! Biological warfare is certainly a promising trope from a great spy story. Inclusion of real-life historical events makes the narrative authentic. I loved reading your review. Thank you.
RJ, wow! I got you drooling? :lol: I'm glad you enjoyed the review, and it seems like the book might be in your wheelhouse! I hope you get an opportunity to take it for a spin! Thank you for taking the time to read my review and respond; it is much appreciated! Until next time...
Cara Wilding

Post by Cara Wilding »

Donald Cecil Hufstedler wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 16:49 The review provides a detailed analysis of the book "Invisible Threat" by Robert Hirsh. It highlights the engaging plot, the author's meticulous attention to details, and the incorporation of historical events. The reviewer appreciates the exploration of immunizations and the presentation of the grim reality of biological weapons. However, they mention some flaws such as predictable plot twists and character inconsistencies. Overall, the book seems to be a good read for fans of suspenseful thrillers in the vein of Robin Cook or Patricia Cornwell.
Donald, thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me a quick comment! Until next time...
Cara Wilding

Post by Cara Wilding »

Pranav Dewangan wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 06:24 The seamless integration of historical events into the narrative and the vivid descriptions really caught my attention. The exploration of diverse themes like immunizations, biological weapons, and the complexities of the characters' backgrounds adds an exciting layer to the thriller. I'm particularly intrigued by the author's deep understanding of the medical environment, making the scenes come to life.
Pranav, thanks so much for stopping by, reading my review, and leaving me a thoughtful comment. Perhaps you'll get a chance to read the book for yourself if the medical environment intrigues you! Until next time...
Cara Wilding

Post by Cara Wilding »

Timothy Gye wrote: 01 Feb 2024, 02:58 Thank you for sharing your insightful review, Your detailed analysis highlights the author's skillful blend of science and marketing concepts, enriched by engaging personal anecdotes. It's encouraging to see the positive impact of real-world examples and the effectiveness of practical insights. Your thorough appreciation, including the absence of dislikes and recognition of the well-edited content, reinforces the book's value. Your 5-star rating and recommendation make a compelling case for readers!
Timothy, thanks so much for stopping by, reading my review, and leaving a quick comment. Until next time...

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”