Review of The Quadrille

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Island Girl by Charles R Hinckley

Review of The Quadrille

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Quadrille" by Oscar Ortiz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Quadrille by Oscar Ortiz is an American action thriller novel that is set in the last decades of the Cold War. The Soviets have created a special division to detonate dirty bombs in the United States in the event of a nuclear war, and the US response to the threat of this unit is the Quadrille unit agents. Sergeant Major Patrick Coonan, a ranger sniper, is recruited to join this secret unit and is trained to eliminate targets that are deemed dangerous to the interests of the United States. He is given the code name Delta and is given the mission to hunt down and eliminate the saboteurs. It's a non-stop adventure and action as we see Coonan in a race against time to neutralize the targets and ensure that their plans do not succeed. Is he able to neutralize the threat and carry out his mission successfully? Find out as you get your copy of this action-packed novel.

The narrative captured my attention, keeping me engrossed in the story from the beginning until the end. The author starts by introducing the main character, thereby giving the readers an idea of who he is and the driving force behind why he became who he is. This makes the reader identify with Coonan as a human who was once in love and not just a cold, mindless killing machine. He created a modern-day spy whose duty or war starts first at home before going outside. As with espionage novels, there is a secret unit that is specially put together for a specific purpose.

My favorite character in the book is none other than the main character, Patrick Coonan. From his successful military career to his recruitment into the wet work business, he shows that he is truly a patriotic American. Coonan is witty and easy to fall in love with, and the way he tells the story makes the readers see the reason why he has to do the things that he does. His dedication and commitment to keeping America safe from every threat are commendable.

The book displayed impeccable editing, leaving no room for any dislikes. I commend the author for the thoughtful structuring, with well-divided chapters that enhanced the overall flow of the story. Additionally, the introduction of all the main characters at the beginning was a smart move, ensuring readers could seamlessly follow the narrative without any confusion.

The book gets a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars for its engaging and thrilling narrative. The author takes the reader on a ride full of action, espionage, and thriller encounters. From start to finish, it's truly an enjoyable book, and I recommend it to all lovers of espionage novels, action thrillers, secret agent stories, and American fiction.

The Quadrille
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This novel takes me back to the time of the Cold War, when there were often news about nuclear proliferation and people feared that someone pressed that button. A spy story set during that time is certainly interesting to me. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

This thrilling action novel, "Share The Quadrille" by Oscar Ortiz, provides an engaging narrative set during the Cold War. The story follows Sergeant Major Patrick Coonan, a skilled sniper recruited into the secret Quadrille unit tasked with neutralizing Soviet saboteurs. With well-divided chapters and impeccable editing, the book seamlessly guides readers through an action-packed and thrilling adventure. Coonan's dedication and patriotism make him a relatable and likable protagonist. Overall, "Share The Quadrille" is a recommended read for fans of espionage, action thrillers, and American fiction.
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The captivating narrative and the well-rounded character of Patrick Coonan have me eager to dive into "The Quadrille." The author's meticulous structuring and flawless editing are enticing, ensuring a smooth and immersive reading experience. I'm thrilled to embark on this action-packed journey, filled with espionage and thriller encounters. Your recommendation has sealed the deal for me, and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy!
J Writes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by J Writes »

introducing Sergeant Major Patrick Coonan, the main character, so that readers may relate to him as a person rather than just a killing machine and comprehend his reasons. They value how Coonan is shown as a humorous, charming, and patriotic American who is easy to cheer for throughout the narrative.

The critic also praises the author for the book's flawless editing, pointing out that the key characters are introduced from the beginning and that the chapters are thoughtfully structured to make it easier for readers to follow the story.
Azaz Raja
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azaz-raja.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Azaz Raja »

"Share The Quadrille" by Oscar Ortiz is an exhilarating action novel set against the backdrop of the Cold War. It presents a captivating narrative centered around Sergeant Major Patrick Coonan, a proficient sniper enlisted in the covert Quadrille unit assigned to counter Soviet saboteurs. Coonan's commitment and loyalty render him a relatable and endearing protagonist. Your endorsement has solidified my decision, and I eagerly anticipate delving into its pages.
Ringle Nashak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ringle-nashak.html
Latest Review: The Kovalenko Secret by Philip L Rettew

Post by Ringle Nashak »

The author's meticulous structuring and flawless editing are enticing, ensuring a smooth and immersive reading experience.
The critic also praises the author for the book's flawless editing, pointing out that the key characters are introduced from the beginning and that the chapters are thoughtfully structured to make it easier for readers to follow the story.
Saliha Hussain
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful In Life
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saliha-hussain.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Saliha Hussain »

This review provides a compelling overview of "The Quadrille" by Oscar Ortiz, highlighting its gripping narrative, well-developed characters, and seamless pacing. The reviewer's enthusiasm for the protagonist, Patrick Coonan, and the book's impeccable editing shines through, earning it a perfect 5 out of 5 stars. Their endorsement makes a persuasive case for readers interested in action-packed espionage novels, affirming its status as a must-read for fans of the genre.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”