Review of Blind Trust

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: The Tainted Jade by Richard Blaine

Review of Blind Trust

Post by Veronica Hunter »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Blind Trust" by Michael W. Sherer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Blind Trust by Michael W. Sherer is a young adult thriller novel. It is the third novel in the Tess Barrett thriller series. Tess is a young, blind girl who lost her parents in an accident that also took her sight. She's the heir to a multibillion-dollar corporation and has had two assassination attempts on her life. She's under the care of her uncle, Travis, who also heads the company. The book opens with a third assassination attempt at her school's homecoming dance. The assassin fails, and once again, Tess survives. She then goes about her investigation into the assassin to find out who wants her dead, enlisting the help of Derek, an elrech genius, and her personal assistant Oliver. The money trail leads to a United States Senator, Senator Latham, said to be the most powerful man in Washington. Is he the mastermind behind the assassination attempt? Tess has to deal with things that young people go through, like college applications, midterms, and boy drama, as well as the constant attempts on her life. Who does she trust when she is blind?

In Blind Trust, the author creates a relatable central character in Tess Barrett. He avoids the mistakes that some authors make in trying to create a main character, and they make them seem so perfect that it's hard for the readers to relate to them. The author gives the readers a book that's full of intrigue; there is a cabal made up of some of the most powerful men in the world. As the conspiracy surrounding Tess and MondoHard is unraveled, Tess's strength and resolve are tested. 

I have two favorite characters in this book. I love the characters of Tess and Oliver the most. Tess, who is the central character in the story, is a brave young girl who does not allow her disability to limit her. Despite the tragedies she has faced, she doesn't allow that to keep her down but instead still sets out to achieve all she wants to. Her character is an encouragement to other young girls, or those who have one disability or another, that there is ability even in disability. Oliver is also another character that I enjoyed in this book; his eidetic memory makes him valuable to Tess, and his patience in dealing with Tess through all her mood swings and all the stuff she goes through is commendable. He is like a rock beside her, all there to support and help her. 

I found the novel thoroughly captivating, finding nothing to dislike about it. All the characters played their roles well, creating a beautiful and interesting narrative that is a testament to the creative skills of the author. The editing of the book was top-notch, and I commend the editor for doing such a good job.

I rate the book a perfect 5 out of 5 stars. The reason for this excellent rating is the captivating narrative by the author. The author keeps the suspense alive throughout the book while also keeping the readers entertained with interesting action scenes. I recommend this book to fans of crime and mystery thrillers.

Blind Trust
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Christabel nmeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-nmeso.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christabel nmeso »

Wow, sounds like "Blind Trust" really gripped you! Tess and Oliver seem like such dynamic characters. So cool that it was a 5-star read for you!
George Nduuru
Favorite Book: Original Wisdom
Currently Reading: If... and other stories
Bookshelf Size: 50
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 3%

Post by George Nduuru »

A blind girl and heir to wealthy company must have mystical environment surrounding her from fake love which is worse than real hate. Sounds like a similar plot in a recent movie series—One Piece. Its a novel I can't help not to read😉
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging thriller with well-constructed characters that is a part of a series centered around a blind girl who is the heir to a multibillion-dollar corporation. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

Thrilled to dive into 'Blind Trust' for its empowering portrayal of Tess overcoming adversity and its gripping blend of suspense and intrigue. Tess and Oliver's dynamic and the masterful narrative promise an unputdownable read.
Clauson Justin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: The Making, the Rise, and the Future of the Speakingman-fourth edition by Dan M Mrejeru

Post by Clauson Justin »

I did not expect the title of the book to actually infer that the character was blind. However, I was drawn in by the storyline. It appears to be a book with suspense. I cannot wait to read it.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

Thank you for your valuable insights about this book. You've explained about the book very well. I'll definitely add this to my reading list
Rohith Kumar Pakala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohith-kumar-pakala.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rohith Kumar Pakala »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book. Great information is given by you about the book, thank you for that.
Sweeter Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sweeter Parker »

This book seems inspiring and positive. I always enjoy reading books with a positive message behind them. I'll definitely read this. Thanks for the review!
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

I was surprised that the book's title directly hinted at the character being blind, but the intriguing storyline captivated my interest. The book seems to promise suspense, and I'm eager to delve into its pages.
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Williams Nnodim »

"Blind Trust" by Michael W. Sherer is a young adult thriller following Tess Barrett, a blind heiress targeted by assassins. With her uncle's guidance and help from friends, she unravels a conspiracy reaching high levels of power, navigating personal challenges amidst threats.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”