Review of Diamond and the French Blue

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: The Tainted Jade by Richard Blaine

Review of Diamond and the French Blue

Post by Veronica Hunter »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Diamond and the French Blue" by Karen Gilleland.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Hope Diamond, a professional woman with short blond hair, unexpectedly found herself falling in love with Matt. The love they shared had a positive impact on both of their lives. One day, Janai Ross summons Hope for a mysterious purpose. She was surprised by the role Janai assigned her. Later, Hope realizes that the task she has to play in the event Janai was organizing will evolve into a significant and serious case that might have a huge impact on her professional life.

Diamond and the French Blue by Karen Gilleland intricately combines the lives of Hope Diamond, CEO of Diamond Security, and Matt Dennison, an FBI agent, in a riveting tale of mystery, intrigue, and romance. From tense confrontations to heartwarming moments of intimacy, each scene is expertly crafted to immerse readers in the book. The characters are vividly depicted, with Hope and Matt emerging as complex and relatable individuals. Their evolving relationship adds emotional resonance to the story, capturing the reader's heart and imagination. Hope and Matt's relationship blossoms as they navigate professional challenges. 

In the book, my favorite character emerges as Matt, whose persona resonates deeply with me due to his adeptness in balancing various facets of his life, both professionally and personally. Matt's portrayal showcases a character imbued with integrity and a commitment to excellence. I also admire how much he loves Hope.

There is nothing I didn’t like in the book. I found Janai's character to be quite appealing. She is portrayed as an ambitious woman who possesses a keen understanding of how to do both business and play the cards of politics as well. Janai's adeptness at combining the worlds of business and politics adds a layer of sophistication to her character. Her strategic mindset and ability to make calculated moves make her a captivating figure in the book.

The editing of the book is remarkable, devoid of any grammatical flaws. Not a single error was found. The author masterfully crafted the plot and developed the characters, captivating readers and keeping them engaged until the final page. I applaud the consistent pacing of the story and the authentic portrayal of the characters, making them feel incredibly genuine. Hence, I rate the book five out of five stars. I wholeheartedly suggest this book to those who relish romance intertwined with captivating plots and mystery aficionados alike.

Diamond and the French Blue
View: on Bookshelves
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

This review beautifully encapsulates the essence of "Diamond and the French Blue" by Karen Gilleland, highlighting the seamless blend of romance, mystery, and professional intrigue. The reviewer's admiration for the characters, especially Matt, and the flawless execution of the plot and character development is palpable. Their recommendation underscores the book's appeal to both romance lovers and mystery enthusiasts, all the while applauding its impeccable editing. A compelling endorsement for a book that seems to masterfully balance emotional depth with thrilling narrative.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This novel is part of a series and I had good impressions from the previous novels' reviews. This new book seems to offer yet another engaging thriller that is well constructed in its plot and characters. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
George Nduuru
Favorite Book: Original Wisdom
Currently Reading: If... and other stories
Bookshelf Size: 50
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 3%

Post by George Nduuru »

Another romantic fiction novel, I suppose, with excellent character development and likeable characters. This one might be too good to pass up for fans of the genre.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

The reviewer effectively conveys the essence of the plot, focusing on the lives of the main characters, Hope Diamond and Matt Dennison. The review appreciates the expert crafting of scenes, from tense confrontations to heartwarming moments, showcasing the author's ability to immerse readers in the narrative. The characters, particularly Hope and Matt, are praised for their complexity and relatability.
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

It's wonderful to hear that you've had positive impressions from the previous novels in the series. This new installment indeed promises another well-constructed and engaging thriller.
Dana Lawrence Lohn
Favorite Book: The Upstairs Delicatessen
Currently Reading: Shades of Rust and Ruin
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-lawrence-lohn.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
2024 Reading Goal: 125
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Dana Lawrence Lohn »

NetMassimo wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 15:51 This novel is part of a series and I had good impressions from the previous novels' reviews. This new book seems to offer yet another engaging thriller that is well constructed in its plot and characters. Thank you for your great review!
Liking @NatMassimo’s points about good impressions flowing from previous novels’ reviews, and as a woman with short blonde hair who loves diamonds, loves French blue and has a close IRL friend name Mike, I have added this one to my “book to check out” list. Thanks!
Azaz Raja
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azaz-raja.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Azaz Raja »

What a wonderful review of "Diamond and the French Blue" by Karen Gilleland! Your insights into the characters and plot are truly captivating. It's evident that you thoroughly enjoyed the book's seamless blend of romance, mystery, and intrigue. Your enthusiasm shines through, and I couldn't agree more with your five-star rating. Here's to hoping more readers discover and love this captivating story as much as you did!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”