Review of A Man For Others

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gladis Ratish Kumar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gladis-ratish-kumar.html
Latest Review: Promiscuous Girl by Kelli Nicole

Review of A Man For Others

Post by Gladis Ratish Kumar »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Man For Others" by Kevin Couhig.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"A Man For Others" by Kevin Couhig is a compelling novel centered around the life of Rob Coogan, a multi-talented individual skilled in guitar, songwriting, and football. Despite his prowess in these areas, Rob finds himself torn between which path to pursue in his future, only to discover that destiny has other plans in store for him.

Robert Emmet Coogan, the eldest child of Maeve and Mike, resides in the small Irish town of Belturbet. Maeve serves as a training officer for the Irish Republican Army, while Mike is a musician and music teacher. The narrative unfolds when Rob, at the age of eight, is practicing football and rescues a young boy named Peter, who falls into a river from a ten-foot height. Rob's talents and good deeds make him a source of pride for Belturbet. However, tragedy strikes the family when a bomb blast claims the lives of Rob's younger brother and sister. Devastated, the family sends Rob to a music school in Boston. It is in Boston that Rob witnesses an incident of child abuse at a church, a moment that profoundly influences his future. To unravel the full tapestry of Rob's destiny, delve into the pages of this compelling book.

The author skillfully weaves a rich tapestry of characters, each meticulously crafted to perfection. Caoimhe, a faery, is a constant presence in Rob's life, guiding him along his journey. Rob's love for Caoimhe is beautifully depicted, as is the chemistry between him and Lisa. Smile Doucet, a detective and a dear friend, stands out as a character who is always full of life, balancing his roles as a father and husband. The story is populated with various other characters, from Father Mulkey to Tim Noland, each serving a unique purpose in the narrative. The "dentist's wife" sent a chill down my spine.

One of the novel's strengths lies in its exploration of the delicate and often overlooked subject of child abuse. The author deserves praise for tackling such a challenging topic. "A Man For Others" is a must-read for parents and adults alike, serving as both a source of awareness and a means to create awareness about this important issue.

I thoroughly enjoyed "A Man For Others" and found nothing to dislike in it. I would rate it 5 out of 5 stars for its engaging plot and its brave exploration of a sensitive subject. I recommend this book exclusively for adult readers due to its explicit content.

A Man For Others
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Paris Kumar
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 489
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paris-kumar.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Paris Kumar »

Your insightful review of "A Man For Others" by Kevin Couhig masterfully highlights the novel's compelling narrative and nuanced exploration of sensitive themes. Your thoughtful analysis and appreciation for the author's bravery in tackling difficult subjects make your review both informative and compelling.

Thanks for sharing your reading experience with us!
The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.
—Samuel Johnson

I am happy to be a part of the OnlineBookClub.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 86018
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1359%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

multi talented he was a great song writer and professional footballer later he found out what life a waits him such a lovelystory i will recommend it
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 86018
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1359%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

multi talented he was a great song writer and professional footballer later he found out what life a waits him such a lovelystory i will recommend it
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

A well-developed novel that addresses a difficult subject digging into some very dark sides of humanity is certainly interesting, even though it's not easy to read a story of child abuse. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Ringle Nashak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ringle-nashak.html
Latest Review: The Kovalenko Secret by Philip L Rettew

Post by Ringle Nashak »

I thoroughly enjoyed "A Man For Others" and found nothing to dislike in it. I would rate it 5 out of 5 stars for its engaging plot and its brave exploration of a sensitive subject.
Mbone Buthees 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mbone Buthees 1 »

I haven't read this book but i can already tell that I'll enjoy it. The plot sounds like my type of book. I'll definitely read this one.
Gladis Ratish Kumar
Currently Reading:

Paris Kumar wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 02:18 Your insightful review of "A Man For Others" by Kevin Couhig masterfully highlights the novel's compelling narrative and nuanced exploration of sensitive themes. Your thoughtful analysis and appreciation for the author's bravery in tackling difficult subjects make your review both informative and compelling.

Thanks for sharing your reading experience with us!
Thank you for taking the time to read my review and for your encouraging words!
Gladis Ratish Kumar
Currently Reading:

Margi zuu202 wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 12:07 multi talented he was a great song writer and professional footballer later he found out what life a waits him such a lovelystory i will recommend it
Thank you for taking the time to read my review.
Gladis Ratish Kumar
Currently Reading:

NetMassimo wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 16:11 A well-developed novel that addresses a difficult subject digging into some very dark sides of humanity is certainly interesting, even though it's not easy to read a story of child abuse. Thank you for your great review!
Thank you for taking the time to read my review and for your encouraging words!
Gladis Ratish Kumar
Currently Reading:

Mbone Buthees 1 wrote: 29 Feb 2024, 01:46 I haven't read this book but i can already tell that I'll enjoy it. The plot sounds like my type of book. I'll definitely read this one.
Thank you for taking the time to read my review. Please read the book; I assure you that you will not be disappointed.
Gladis Ratish Kumar
Currently Reading:

Ringle Nashak wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 23:41 I thoroughly enjoyed "A Man For Others" and found nothing to dislike in it. I would rate it 5 out of 5 stars for its engaging plot and its brave exploration of a sensitive subject.
Thank you for taking the time to read my review.
Fanny Lebura Ueh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Jason's Magic Journeys by Sylvia Hebden

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

It is commendable that the author was able to address a highly sensitive subject, such as child abuse, so effectively.
Vinay Penubothu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinay-penubothu.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Vinay Penubothu »

Thank you for your detailed review! Your insights have piqued my interest, and I'm excited to dive into the book. Your review convinced me it's a must-read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - they've inspired me to explore further.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

You've explained very well about the book and you have mentioned the content of the book very nicely. I'll definitely start reading this book.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”