Review of Troubled by Elephants

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Marina Flisvou
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Jake Fortina and the Roman Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: Legacy: Wisdom of African Traditions and the Bible by Chris Morehouse

Review of Troubled by Elephants

Post by Marina Flisvou »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Troubled by Elephants" by Robert Owings.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Robert Owings' "Troubled by Elephants" is an interesting story that blends mystery, self-reflection, and the complexity of human relationships. The story starts with Colton, who finds himself at a family funeral and discovers more mysteries than he could have ever expected, particularly with the mysterious death of his cousin Julian. The book takes us to the South, combining an engaging mystery with the emotional complexities of a family. The story explores in great detail issues of family dynamics, the need for healing after a loss, and the search for the truth.

The characters in the book are what really set it apart; they are so real and genuine that you almost have the impression that you know them personally. Aside from that, the dialogues in the book are what really draw us in and make it enjoyable to read, since they may make us laugh at one point and consider thoughtfully at another.

This novel does a fantastic job of placing us in the Southern setting and giving the impression that we are there with the characters. The mystery surrounding Julian's death is a subject of concern and investigation throughout the story, and it also creates a level of suspense that holds our attention until the very end.

This book is unique because it skillfully combines humor with serious subjects. The author finds the ideal balance, whether handling sorrow, discovering the truth, or just sorting out the day-to-day issues of a family.

To give the story more depth overall, it would be good to learn more about the secondary characters' stories. Furthermore, delving deeper into the characters' emotions could improve the novel's impact and relatability.

The writing is interesting, clear, and error-free in spelling and grammar—an achievement that is unusual in many books nowadays.

In conclusion, I rate "Troubled by Elephants" 5 out of 5 stars. It is a great book with interesting characters, a realistic setting, and an engaging story. The reader will be engaged with it from beginning to end. It is a novel about self-discovery and appreciating the complexities of family, not simply a mystery book. Anyone who appreciates books that are thought-provoking and enjoyable while promoting reflection on family and personal relationships should read this book.

Troubled by Elephants
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Marina
Paris Kumar
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 489
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paris-kumar.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Paris Kumar »

Your comprehensive review of "Troubled by Elephants" by Robert Owings adeptly captures the essence of the novel, highlighting its intriguing mystery, authentic characters, and skillful blend of humor and serious themes. Your insights add depth and value to potential readers, making your review both informative and compelling. Well done!

Thanks for sharing your reading experience with us!
The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.
—Samuel Johnson

I am happy to be a part of the OnlineBookClub.
Ringle Nashak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ringle-nashak.html
Latest Review: The Kovalenko Secret by Philip L Rettew

Post by Ringle Nashak »

highlighting its intriguing mystery, authentic characters, and skillful blend of humor and serious themes. Your insights add depth and value to potential readers, making your review both informative and compelling.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

The blend of mystery, self-reflection, and exploration of human relationships, particularly within a Southern setting, promises a captivating read. The mention of the engaging mystery surrounding Julian's death, combined with the emotional complexities of family dynamics, adds depth to the narrative.
Mbone Buthees 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mbone Buthees 1 »

Your review is incredibly helpful in making me interested in this books. The themes covered are definitely my cup of tea. I need to check this one out.
Biswajit Barman 1
2024 Reading Goal: 91
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Biswajit Barman 1 »

The Southern setting serves as a vivid backdrop, immersing readers in the sights, sounds, and atmosphere of the region. The mystery shrouding Julian's death serves as a compelling thread, keeping readers on the edge of their seats until the final revelation.
Anaïs Quesson
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Song of Achilles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-s-quesson.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Anaïs Quesson »

The title of this book is what first intrigued me. Thanks to your thoughtful review, I'm now very interested in reading it! Keep up the good work
Anaïs - she/her

"No nightingales. You idiot. We could have been... us."
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

A well-constructed mystery is always engaging, and this one includes great characters who look authentic, to the point that you feel you know them personally. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Vinay Penubothu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinay-penubothu.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Vinay Penubothu »

Thank you for your detailed review! Your insights have piqued my interest, and I'm excited to dive into the book. Your review convinced me it's a must-read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - they've inspired me to explore further.
Rohith Kumar Pakala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohith-kumar-pakala.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rohith Kumar Pakala »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book. Great information is given by you about the book, thank you for that.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

Thank you for your valuable insights about this book. You've explained about the book very well. I'll definitely add this to my reading list
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

I am very much awaited to read this book, Your review motivated me to read this book ASAP. The way you inculcated the details of the book in a very clear manner is impressive. Thank you
Sweeter Parker
Currently Reading:

Post by Sweeter Parker »

This mystery seems interesting and enthralling. I love books that have suspense and have no trouble believing that this book will be one of my favorites. I'll definitely read the book!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”