Review of A Kestrel Circles

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bron Bakers
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bron-bakers.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Review of A Kestrel Circles

Post by Bron Bakers »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Kestrel Circles" by G Michael Smith.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Kestrel Circles by G Michael Smith follows the life of the protagonist, formerly known as Mathew Brown, who possesses a remarkable ability to perceive the world through a metaphorical canvas of light and sound. This unique sensory experience, which he refers to as "the canvas," imbues his investigations with a depth and complexity that sets him apart as a detective. Despite his unconventional way of experiencing reality, he has honed his skills to become highly proficient at finding almost anything, making him sought after by clients seeking resolution to their most perplexing mysteries.

The story begins when Sandra Beal approaches the narrator to locate her grandfather's elusive gold pocket watch. This seemingly straightforward task plunges the narrator into a labyrinth of intrigue and danger. As he delves deeper into the case, he uncovers intriguing details about Sandra's grandfather, a WWII photographer turned spy who vanished during the war. Each clue leads him further down a twisting path, where he encounters a cast of enigmatic characters and navigates complex interpersonal dynamics fraught with suspicion and deceit.

Throughout his investigation, the narrator's unique sensory perception provides him with insights that elude others. He recalls past encounters and reflects on his experiences, offering glimpses into his psyche and the inner workings of his mind. His ability to perceive the world through the lens of "the canvas" allows him to uncover hidden truths and unravel the tangled web of secrets surrounding Sandra's grandfather's watch.

As the narrative unfolds, the protagonist's journey takes him on a physical and emotional odyssey, from the bustling streets of Heathrow Airport to the tranquil shores of Shannon Airport. Along the way, he encounters unexpected obstacles and dangerous adversaries, testing his wit and resourcefulness at every turn. Despite the challenges he faces, he remains steadfast in his pursuit of the truth, determined to unravel the mysteries that lie buried beneath layers of deception and intrigue.

As the story reaches its climax, the narrator finds himself embroiled in a deadly game of cat and mouse where the stakes are higher than ever. With each twist and turn, he must rely on his instincts and intellect to outmaneuver his foes and uncover the truth hidden within the shadows. As he inches closer to unraveling the mystery of Sandra's grandfather's watch, he realizes that the answers he seeks may lie closer to home than he ever imagined.

In the end, the protagonist's journey serves as a testament to the power of perseverance and the resilience of the human spirit. Through triumph and adversity, he emerges stronger and wiser, his faith in himself and his abilities unshaken. And though the mysteries of the past may remain unsolved, the narrator's journey is far from over, as he continues to navigate the murky waters of the human heart and unravel the secrets that lie hidden within.

I enjoyed reading this book. I couldn't find any grammatical errors, and this highlights how well the book was edited. I also couldn't find anything to dislike about the book. I applaud the author for his creativity. 

A Kestrel Circles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

The detailed synopsis of "A Kestrel Circles" by G Michael Smith paints a compelling picture of a detective story filled with intriguing mysteries, complex characters, and a protagonist with a unique sensory perception. The concept of perceiving the world through a metaphorical canvas of light and sound, referred to as "the canvas," adds a distinctive and captivating element to the narrative.
Vinay Penubothu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinay-penubothu.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Vinay Penubothu »

Thank you for your detailed review! Your insights have piqued my interest, and I'm excited to dive into the book. Your review convinced me it's a must-read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - they've inspired me to explore further.
Rohith Kumar Pakala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohith-kumar-pakala.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rohith Kumar Pakala »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book. Great information is given by you about the book, thank you for that.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

A man with an unusual kind of perception, mysteries, revelations, a search for the truth. There's a lot in this novel that makes it intriguing to me and curious about the watch, among other things. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

Thank you for your valuable insights about this book. You've explained about the book very well. I'll definitely add this to my reading list
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: On the Trail of the Unseen by Lynne Armstrong-Jones
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

This is a book I definitely want to read. Thanks a lot for your detailed review. I enjoyed it till the last word.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”