Review of The ghost in room 522

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jnapika D
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jnapika-d.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Review of The ghost in room 522

Post by Jnapika D »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The ghost in room 522" by Richard thoomas Havens.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

We follow Tom King in the horror film The Ghost in Room 522 by Richard Havens. Due to his tardiness in checking in, his reservation at the Renaissance Hotel has been canceled. When he goes to the front desk to ask about his room and is told that there are none left at the hotel, the woman there offers to reserve him a room in another hotel. She arranges for him to stay in a room at the mobster Mike Andropous’ Alexander Hotel. Tom King was given room number 522 by the drunken night manager, Quigley, that evening. This should never be rented to anyone, per the hotel owner’s instructions. Tom is terrified to death after witnessing the ghost's death, which woke him up that night. Subsequently, he sets out on a mission to find out who killed the girl, what happened to her, what her narrative was, and why. If you want to find out what happened to her, you should read the book and find out the stunning ending for yourself.

This detective story has many unexpected turns, including some frightening scenes, exciting adventures, melancholy moments, and more. The author captivates us with his brilliant storytelling and narrative right from the opening chapter of the book, and by the second chapter, I was completely engrossed in the story.

This book was really enjoyable to me. I also found the plot to be intriguing and original. I thought Tom King’s persona was fascinating, and I really liked how he defended the stranger. The book moves quickly and has a very original plot line. It was set in the 1920s, which added to its intrigue and excitement. I really adored the character interactions and the clever storyline. Because it is only 270 pages long, it is a great book to read when you don’t have much time but still want to read something great. I don’t think there’s anything negative about this book or anything I would like to change about it. I found it to be excellent throughout. There are a few grammatical mistakes in the book, so I don’t think it’s well edited. It receives a rating of four out of five stars from me.

The ghost in room 522
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Clauson Justin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: The Making, the Rise, and the Future of the Speakingman-fourth edition by Dan M Mrejeru

Post by Clauson Justin »

From the summary in the review, I got the unexpected. I did not expect the storyline I saw coming at the beginning. It shows that the author wrote a beautiful book.
Vinay Penubothu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinay-penubothu.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Vinay Penubothu »

Thank you for your detailed review! Your insights have piqued my interest, and I'm excited to dive into the book. Your review convinced me it's a must-read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - they've inspired me to explore further.
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-gye.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Timothy Gye »

I appreciate the thorough review! Your analysis piqued my interest, and I'm looking forward to reading the book. Your review has convinced me that it is important reading. Thank you for sharing your thoughts; they have inspired me to look deeper into the book.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

Thank you for your valuable insights about this book. You've explained about the book very well. I'll definitely add this to my reading list
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

A mystery with a ghost is not your usual mix of elements. In this case, the story is set in the 1920s, not my favorite period but can be interesting if used well. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Chinenye Achilike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-achilike.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Chinenye Achilike »

This is a real mystery. I wonder who killed the girl and why. Nice review.
Kristin Cowan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Get Out of My Bed by Shirley Wooten Rose

Post by Kristin Cowan »

This sounds like a great read!
Saliha Hussain
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful In Life
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saliha-hussain.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Saliha Hussain »

Thank you for the in-depth evaluation! My curiosity was sparked by your analysis, and I'm eager to read the book. I'm now persuaded by your review that it's worthwhile reading. I appreciate you expressing your opinions because they have motivated me to read the book more closely. This truly is a mystery. Who killed the girl, and why, I wonder? Well written review.Without a doubt, I'll put this on my reading list.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”