Review of Under The Elm

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Island Girl by Charles R Hinckley

Review of Under The Elm

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Under The Elm" by Ivana Christman.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Monty always felt she didn't fit into her family, and she felt so different in every way. She experiences a series of shocking events and revelations involving her family and the town where she stayed. Some secrets were uncovered through letters and investigations, leading to suspicions about her family's involvement in criminal activities. Monty had to confront the truth about her relatives, including her uncle's connection to a criminal organization and her cousin's involvement in a disturbing plot. Monty strived to uncover the full extent of the mysteries surrounding her town until justice prevailed. 

Under The Elm by Ivana Christman is a gripping story of suspense, mystery, and family secrets that keeps readers on the edge of their seats. Set in the small town of Blakesville, the story starts with Monty as she navigates a web of intrigue and danger lurking beneath the surface of her seemingly ordinary life. The novel is also rich in atmosphere, with its evocative descriptions of the rural town and its surrounding landscape adding to the sense of foreboding and unease. From the sweltering heat of August to the stormy nights and abandoned farmhouses, the setting becomes almost a character in its own right, heightening the tension and suspense of the narrative.

Monty is my favorite character actor for two reasons. Firstly, Monty's empathy and compassion for others shine through in her interactions with family members, friends, and strangers alike. Secondly, Monty demonstrates courage in the face of adversity, standing up for what she believes is right and facing her fears head-on. Whether confronting dangerous individuals or uncovering family secrets, she stands out as an outstanding character.

There is nothing I didn't like about the book. One of the most compelling aspects of the novel is its plot, which unfolds layer by layer, revealing shocking revelations and unexpected twists at every turn. From the ominous encounter witnessed under the elm tree to the discovery of hidden letters and family secrets, each chapter is filled with suspense and intrigue. The narrative resonates deeply with me due to its striking relatability. Regrettably, many of the events depicted in this book mirror the realities of society.

I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars because it has lots of mystery couples with unexpected twists and turns. The book unfolds with revelations, drawing the reader deeper into a labyrinth of intrigue and suspense. Additionally, the book's editing is top-notch. I recommend this book to readers who crave suspenseful mysteries, readers who enjoy family dynamics, and fans of psychological thrillers.

Under The Elm
View: on Bookshelves
Clauson Justin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: The Making, the Rise, and the Future of the Speakingman-fourth edition by Dan M Mrejeru

Post by Clauson Justin »

I love thrillers, crime and mystery novels. This book has all. There appears to be nothing to dislike. I hope to join Monty as she uncovers the mysteries surrounding her.
Biswajit Barman 1
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 91
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Biswajit Barman 1 »

In "Under The Elm" by Ivana Christman, readers are drawn into a captivating tale of suspense, mystery, and family secrets set against the backdrop of the small town of Blakesville. Through the eyes of protagonist Monty, the narrative unfolds with a series of shocking events and revelations that keep readers on the edge of their seats from beginning to end.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

You starts by introducing the protagonist, Monty, and describing her feelings of not fitting into her family. The narrative involves shocking events and revelations that unravel family secrets and connections to criminal activities. Monty's journey to confront the truth about her relatives, particularly her uncle and cousin, forms the central plot.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 85991
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1357%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

tale of mysterie over family secrets i like this book and i will recommend it
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

A family full of secrets in a story full of twists and revelations seems intriguing for the suspense created together with the psychological element that accompanies Monty's discoveries. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Saliha Hussain
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful In Life
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saliha-hussain.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Saliha Hussain »

Ivana Christman's "Under The Elm" captivates readers with a gripping story of mystery, suspense, and family secrets set against the backdrop of Blakesville, a small hamlet. The story is told through the eyes of the main character, Monty, and it is filled with surprising turns of events and revelations that have readers gripped from start to finish.A family with many secrets in a narrative with many turns and revelations looks appealing because of the tension that is built and the psychological component that goes along with Monty's findings. I appreciate your wonderful.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”