Review of True Tilt

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Isaac Oh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaac-oh.html
Latest Review: What I Hear When God Speaks by Allen J Brown Jr

Review of True Tilt

Post by Isaac Oh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "True Tilt" by Pam Boney.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

If you are a sucker for adventurous tales with unforgettable life lessons, this interesting 273-page turner churned out by Pam Boney is just right for you.

Organized within forty-eight chapters, the story follows four executives: Adelaide, Kit, Jim, and Jean Claude. All four have attained some level of success, but they each find themselves entangled within webs of troubles of their own making due to their inherent shallow choices. Together, they are tossed on an adventure to the Caribbean that will unleash transformative situations capable of changing each of them forever. These characters must wrestle with their internal forces, unravel mysteries, and learn the most pertinent and life-changing lessons to unearth the intricacies surrounding the creative purposes they are meant to fulfill.

Pam Boney outdoes herself, using the elements of fiction and true storytelling to elucidate the leadership tilt model. The book is interweaved with enough suspense, intrigue, great character development, and a well-rounded plot that converges beautifully at the end. While the story is largely plot-driven, its character development, insights, and wisdom gained through an adventurous voyage make this book shine with incandescence. In the end, readers understand why the characters needed that voyage to become who they were truly meant to be. Enshrined within the story are the tenets of what constitutes true leadership, and this is my main motivation for giving the book 5 out of 5 stars. I must also commend the thorough editing, which was flawless, as I hardly spotted spelling or grammatical errors that would have impeded my reading process.

My favorite character was Adelaide Duke. From a workaholic with no real human connection, she metamorphoses into a powerful leader who has the biggest paradigm shift of all four. Her intelligence, observance, and resilience help her become an overcomer who is eventually worthy of what she is given at the end. Overall, the story arc congregates well enough, propelling the book to elevated heights in terms of leadership. True Tilt: An Uncommon Quest is capable of igniting the most passionate conversations about what it truly means to be a leader in the face of the complexities that plague today's world.

I'd recommend this book for those interested in leadership development and changing the realities around them. I believe it can be a guide and a compass towards sustainable change.

True Tilt
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Saliha Hussain
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful In Life
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saliha-hussain.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Saliha Hussain »

What a glowing review of "True Tilt: An Uncommon Quest"! The reader's enthusiasm for the book's adventurous tale and profound life lessons shines through. Their appreciation for the character development and insightful narrative adds depth to the review. Overall, it's clear that this book offers a transformative journey and valuable insights into leadership. Great job!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

The protagonists' journey with the trouble of their own making seems like a metaphor of powerful people who create problems for others, sometimes at a global level. Some profound themes are developed that offer food for thought about leadership and the consequences certain choices have on a broad scale. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: On the Trail of the Unseen by Lynne Armstrong-Jones
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

This adventurous book, with it's interesting and well-developed characters, has captured my attention. Thanks for your great review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”