Review of The China Paradox

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Theater of Lies by Ted Griffith

Review of The China Paradox

Post by Veronica Hunter »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The China Paradox" by Estat of Gerard Shirar.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The book is about Lummis, a journalist, who witnesses the murder of Kim Jong-nam and uncovers a plot involving North Korea, China, and Russia. Aware that the North Korean MSS could track him after they saw him with Kim Jong-nam, he anticipated that he'd be their next target. Hiding in various locations for protection, he ensured to keep recording in case anything happened to him. In his recordings, he detailed how he uncovered the plots and urged whoever discovered them to forward the evidence to the appropriate authorities or the Washington Post. He encountered people like Nancy Allen-Lawrence and faced threats from the North Korean MSS. Despite efforts to publish his story, setbacks occur, including the murder of people like Clark Fulson. 

The China Paradox by Estat of Gerard Shirar is a gripping political thriller that delves into the complex world of international espionage, geopolitical maneuvering, and the struggle for truth in the face of danger. The story follows the journey of Walter J. Lummis, a fearless journalist, as he uncovers a sinister plot involving China, North Korea, Russia, and Iran aimed at undermining US democracy and reshaping the global order. Shirer skillfully combines multiple storylines, introducing a diverse cast of characters whose lives intersect in unexpected ways.

What stands out in the book is its attention to detail and meticulous research, which not only lend authenticity to the geopolitical backdrop but also enrich the characters and their motivations. The author's deep dive into the complexities of international relations provides readers with a nuanced understanding of the forces at play. The narrative depicted within the book resonated with an unmistakable sense of authenticity, drawing readers into its world with remarkable realism. Additionally, the narrative's pacing keeps readers engaged, while the protagonist's journey adds a personal dimension to the larger geopolitical intrigue. 

There is nothing I didn’t like about the book. I found only an error in the book. Every element presented in the book felt incredibly genuine, leaving me astonished to discover that the narrative was purely fictional. This serves as proof of the remarkable work of the author. Additionally, I found myself deeply moved as I approached the conclusion of the book. The book is a compelling blend of suspense, political analysis, and human drama that offers valuable insights into contemporary global dynamics.

I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars because of the meticulous research undertaken by the author, which lends an air of authenticity to the geopolitical backdrop against which the story unfolds. Although the book is fiction, its portrayal of events feels plausible given the dynamic nature of our world. I recommend this book to fans of mystery and suspense and readers who enjoy geopolitical thrillers infused with meticulous research and a plausible storyline. 

The China Paradox
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 75%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

Thanks for your review, this book looks to be interesting, and maybe I will read it in the future.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Citadel
Bookshelf Size: 431
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 43%

Post by NetMassimo »

A thriller inspired by the current geopolitical situation is interesting, especially knowing that the author constructed all its pieces with great care to make it look realistic. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Prohlife Jobs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prohlife-jobs.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Prohlife Jobs »

This is one of my favorite genres. I am so looking forward to reading this. Thank you for an excellent review!
Sheryl Brown 3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Sheryl Brown 3 »

Exceptional review i always loved these types of book. I hope i get to read it one day

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”