Review of It's Raining Lawsuits in My Life and I Just Wanna Be . . .

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Marina Flisvou
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Jake Fortina and the Roman Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: Legacy: Wisdom of African Traditions and the Bible by Chris Morehouse

Review of It's Raining Lawsuits in My Life and I Just Wanna Be . . .

Post by Marina Flisvou »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "It's Raining Lawsuits in My Life and I Just Wanna Be . . ." by Angela V Woodhull, Ph.D..]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"It's Raining Lawsuits in My Life, and I Just Wanna Be... Angelina, the Polka Queen," Angela V. Woodhull's autobiography, shows how her life goes from the happy days of performing music to the dark moments of legal issues. Angela's love for polka music and her continuing fights against what seems like a predatory legal guardianship system are at the core of the book. With the two concepts put together, the story becomes interesting, making it very enjoyable to read.

The main theme in Angela's story is her deep love for polka music, which adds a warm touch to a story of bad luck with the law. Angela's descriptions of her performances are vivid and full of life. They give readers a break from her legal difficulties and a sense of who she is outside of them. These parts of the book not only provide a necessary contrast, but they also show how strong the human spirit can be when things go wrong.

Angela's story is very moving and insightful. Her personal story shows how complicated and dangerous the legal guardianship system can be, which is something that many people still don't understand. Also, the fact that she could find comfort and identity in polka music during her difficult times shows how strong and kind she is.

But the book does have some flaws. It can be hard to tell the difference between Angela's happy memories of her music career and her sad stories about her legal issues. Finding a balance for these two parts of her life to be put together in the story without looking like two separate stories would have made the book flow better as a whole.

There are some spelling mistakes. These make a presence but do not really disturb the reading.

In conclusion, I rate "It's Raining Lawsuits in My Life, and I Just Wanna Be... Angelina, the Polka Queen" 4 out of 5 stars. It is a combination of music, pain, happiness, and courage. The book does a good job of taking readers into Angela's world. Her story is enjoyable as well as informative, showing how the law, personal freedom, and the arts all interact with each other. The book is a great choice for people who like personal memoirs with a twist or who want to learn more about how hard it is to deal with a complicated legal system. Her story reminds readers of the strength of passion, whether it's for polka music or justice. Passion can push us through life's hardest times.

It's Raining Lawsuits in My Life and I Just Wanna Be . . .
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Marina
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I don’t personally enjoy autobiographies, but they do provide interesting reading for some. I’m glad that these are around for those who do like them. Thanks!
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thank you for an insightful review. I'm not a huge fan of personal memoirs, but Angela's story is intriguing. I think like you I would prefer the two parts of a story to read as one rather then separate stories.
Baggett Yori
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baggett-yori.html
Latest Review: The Truth Is Beyond Belief! by Jerry Durr

Post by Baggett Yori »

As a prospective reader, this review offers a compelling overview of "It's Raining Lawsuits in My Life, and I Just Wanna Be... Angelina, the Polka Queen" by Angela V. Woodhull. The juxtaposition of Angela's love for polka music with her struggles within the legal system creates an intriguing narrative that promises both depth and entertainment.
You effectively highlights the main themes of the book, emphasizing Angela's passion for polka music and her resilience in the face of legal challenges. The vivid descriptions of her music performances offer a welcome contrast to the darker moments of her legal battles, showcasing the strength of the human spirit amidst adversity.
Osvaldo Borghese
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: On the Trail of the Unseen by Lynne Armstrong-Jones
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

Thanks for your detailed review, personally I don't like to read biographic books but this one sounds to be interesting.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

Angela's autobiography seems a bit chaotic in its structure but the author's memoir seems like an interesting mix of good and bad parts. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”