Review of Rivers of the Black Moon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
John Owen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Review of Rivers of the Black Moon

Post by John Owen »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Rivers of the Black Moon" by Andrew Goliszek.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Rivers of the Black Moon" by Andrew Goliszek is a gripping mystery thriller that digs deep into the shady business in the drug industry and the fight against one of the worst diseases known to humans: AIDS. Inspector Macfadden is at the center of the story, tasked with uncovering the truth behind the brutal killing of Dr. Zarnoff, a top AIDS scientist on the brink of a breakthrough. The investigation turns into a tense adventure, intertwining Macfadden's fate with Maggie, a close aide of Zarnoff, whose skills and courage are crucial to the unraveling plot. Together, they navigate a world where friends can be foes, and the next breakthrough could either save countless lives or bring more danger. Get a copy for more!

The author's skillful blend of medical research and thrilling conspiracy makes the book captivating. I'm usually attracted to conspiracy stories, so it's not surprising I was drawn to this book. Luckily, it didn't disappoint, and I had a great reading experience. The tale was well-written, with unexpected discoveries throughout the story.

I think "Rivers of the Black Moon" is more than a mere story based around conspiracy. It is a tale that reflects the challenges faced by those on the frontier of science and the impact of corporate greed and malice in real life. I always believe there's some sliver of truth in fictional stories and movies, and this book is no different. It exposes how corporations prioritize profits over human lives and the lengths they go to protect their secrets through a nerve-wracking tale that will keep you hooked throughout.

For readers seeking a really exciting thriller, "Rivers of the Black Moon" promises a compelling, thought-provoking story. Despite falling prey to clichés, I think it's a great read overall, and it has been exceptionally well-edited as well. I rate it a stellar 5 out of 5 stars and highly recommend it. I found nothing serious enough to warrant a lower score.

Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: On the Trail of the Unseen by Lynne Armstrong-Jones
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

Thanks for your recommendation, I will read this book for sure, as soon as possible.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

It's good to know that this novel has some unexpected developments, as this kind of story tends to follow clichés too much. Sadly, the element of corporate greed that matters more than people's lives is not a cliché but a reality. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”