Review of Mysterious Secret Guardians Owl Mountain Doomsday Solution

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ram Sahni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-sahni.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton

Review of Mysterious Secret Guardians Owl Mountain Doomsday Solution

Post by Ram Sahni »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mysterious Secret Guardians Owl Mountain Doomsday Solution" by Dorothy "Bones" McCoy.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Dorothy McCoy's "The Owl Mountain Doomsday Solution" is not a typical paranormal thriller but a turbulent journey toward the darkness of annihilated history and the monstrous characteristics existing in the spots beyond our sight. This second part of the Mystical Secret Guardians team will immerse them in the darkest nightmare, with its past directly connected to the bloody time of World War II.

The primary strength of McCoy is merging actual historical characters such as Churchill and Einstein with a stormy, unnatural occurrence. I am somewhere between terrified and intrigued to see them confronting not just geopolitical conflicts but nightmares that are quite literally straight out of my nightmares. The past is present in this tale and reflects darkly into the here and now.

Although the book successfully generates the thrill of the otherworldly and deploys jump sounds, it also brings meaning into the foreground. McCoy shows no hesitation at all in taking on the mental cost of these characters' inner torments. As superheroes, the Guardians have their special gifts, but they are inevitably still humans. Their fear, inner turmoil, and the infinite pressure of combating the incomprehensible astonish us constantly. This, in fact, is the dimension of complexity missed in most other otherworldly action movies.

The book is indeed very much alive because the castle acts as a character by mirroring the decadence of human nature inside it. Every open page of the book is a slab of historical background. In fact, you can almost detect the strange smell of the old stones, hear the groan of the most antique construction, and experience a growing anxiety since the heroes come down to a hellish, demon-infested dungeon.

I will let this book have 5 stars out of 5. On occasion, the narrative gets somewhat bogged down in the details of the characters or the Guardians' superpowers and demon folklore. Where specific detail is mandatory for the construction of the setting, the smooth proceeding of the action is interrupted when I want a hectic pace. That's the only set of minor criticisms that I can think of. The editing was great, and it lacked errors.

"The Owl Mountain Doomsday Solution" is harder to swallow than simple popcorn. It reveals McCoy's skill at juxtaposing the real-life history of the past with supernatural terror. If you prefer a supernatural tale with a deep historical background and messages that will stick with you for a long time, this book is just for you.

Mysterious Secret Guardians Owl Mountain Doomsday Solution
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 75%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

This book looks to be curious and interesting. Anyway, I want to understand the plot a little more, before doing a more complete comment. Thank you very much for your review
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Citadel
Bookshelf Size: 430
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 43%

Post by NetMassimo »

Using historical characters is tricky because the author needs to properly reproduce their characteristics and in this series they're used in a time that's not their own. This seems to have been done well, making them an asset in this supernatural thriller. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Andrew Egwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
2024 Reading Goal: 120
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Andrew Egwu »

I want to understand the plot a little more before dropping my full comment. Anyways thanks for the review
Saliha Hussain
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful In Life
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saliha-hussain.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Saliha Hussain »

This book seems like it would be an intriguing read. It can be challenging to employ historical figures since the writer must accurately capture their traits and because the people in this series are set in a different era from their own. They appear to have been executed skillfully, which gives them a positive role in this paranormal suspense. I will investigate this series. I appreciate your kind review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”