Review of Where is Ana Amara?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Island Girl by Charles R Hinckley

Review of Where is Ana Amara?

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Where is Ana Amara?" by G.C. Eick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Where is Ana Amara? by G. C. Eick is an international thriller that tells the story of the disappearance of Ana Amara, a journalist, as she investigates the situation of Muslim immigrants in asylum camps in the United Kingdom under the new Ultra Party government. Ana Amara had fled to the United Kingdom after her father had been executed as an enemy of the state by the government of Bashir Assad. Ana fled with her brothers Muhammed and Damir. She meets Jennifer during a community education course on the history of the Middle East. Ana is working on a story surrounding the treatment of Muslim immigrants by the British government, and she suddenly disappears. Her friend and lover, Jennifer, is worried about her disappearance and has searched for her for months. She gets to meet some MPs who are sympathetic to her cause and want to do the right thing. This group of MPs, along with Aaron, an official of the UK foreign office, work together to find out the truth about where Ana Amara is and the circumstances surrounding the new detention camps set up by the government.

Where is Ana Amara? examines several issues that are of importance today. Though the book is fictional, the author raises several salient issues, including the mistreatment of Muslim immigrants in countries where they go to seek asylum and the profiling of Muslim immigrants, or those from the Middle East, as terrorists and enemies of the state. The author also examines the influence of wealthy foreign elites on the election and policy of the British government in the book. She also points out the murky waters and destructive effects of chemical weapon development and use by governments.

There were several things I enjoyed reading in this book. One was the commitment shown by those four Members of Parliament and Aaron towards finding out the truth and exposing the evils going on. They were a good example of what a government official should be. Their integrity and hard work, despite the dangers involved, were commendable. Secondly, Ana's commitment to finding out the truth and bringing it to light. 

Reading Where is Ana Amara? was a thrilling experience. It was a truly touching story that gave me goosebumps at the end of the book. The characters in the book all played their roles well; the book was aptly named, and the title captured the essence of the book. The author has a clear and simple writing style that makes the book easy to understand for everyone. I commend the author for this fictional story that also creates awareness about several important issues. Furthermore, it's praiseworthy that there were no negative aspects found within the book.

The book is exceptionally well-edited. I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars. The book gets a perfect rating due to the creativity and brilliance that brought about this thrilling novel. It was an adventure as the readers followed the narration to find out where Ana Amara was. I recommend this book to lovers of fictional stories and international thrillers.

Where is Ana Amara?
View: on Bookshelves
Raymonda Onwuka 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymonda-onwuka-1.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Raymonda Onwuka 1 »

Your review of "Where is Ana Amara?" has me hooked! The disappearing journalist investigating a sensitive topic sounds like a thrilling setup. Thanks for mentioning the political climate - it adds another layer of intrigue. I can't wait to see how the mystery unfolds!
Sandre Lamar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Sandre Lamar »

I found myself emotionally invested in the story. It’s a beautifully written book.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Citadel
Bookshelf Size: 430
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 43%

Post by NetMassimo »

Not long ago, the idea of the UK falling into fascism seemed like something totally ludicrous but the recent governments are on the right - the wrong? - way, so this novel isn't just about isolated xenophobic people but is something that might really happen. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Saliha Hussain
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful In Life
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saliha-hussain.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Saliha Hussain »

A fascinating scenario with a journalist who vanishes while exploring a touchy subject seems plausible. I like you bringing up the political situation; it adds even more intrigue. I am eager to find out how this mystery is solved! I'm fascinated after reading your evaluation of "Where is Ana Amara?" The novel is exquisitely written.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”