Review of Ten Percent

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Deep Blue Saloon by Thomas Courtney Click

Review of Ten Percent

Post by Kendal Low »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ten Percent" by D.L. Bruin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Cody Clifton is the next big thing in Los Angeles. After struggling through countless auditions, he finally lands a role as Chuck Dallas, PI. At the same time, Detective Max Calderas is searching for The Coyote, a serial killer running around the streets of LA strangling prostitutes. Shelly Monroe is a former child actor and Cody’s agent, and things aren’t going so well for her. When Cody joins the big leagues, her life begins to look up. However, when Max’s investigation leads her to Shelly’s office, things could end up very badly for her.

Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin is an exciting thriller/mystery novel that will keep readers on the edge of their seats.

I thoroughly enjoyed the writing in this book. The author did a wonderful job of setting up the characters and their storylines. Each of them was well-developed and it was easy to care about what was going on in their lives. Cody was especially well-developed, with a lot of the book mainly revolving around him and his acting career.

My only critique is that it took a bit too long for the characters’ stories to intertwine. It was halfway through the book before the storylines started to twist together. However, some readers may enjoy that, as it prolongs the suspense. Other than that, I found this book to be an exciting read. Unfortunately, I did find quite a few errors, and I believe another round of editing would benefit the book.

However, the things I enjoyed outweighed what I didn’t enjoy. If it weren’t for the errors in the book, I would easily give it a perfect rating. But for now, until that is fixed, I will happily rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.

I believe this book is best suited to mature readers as a result of the sexual themes and exceptionally strong language featured throughout the book. Additionally, readers who enjoy a good mystery/thriller would find this book interesting and enjoyable.

Ten Percent
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Umesh Bhatt
Favorite Book: Identity And Violence
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umesh-bhatt.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
2024 Reading Goal: 8
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Umesh Bhatt »

The review is invoking interest in us for going to read the book. The reviewer has given a small piece of the story line leaving us to imagine the rest. I appreciate it as mystery book reviews are to be made in this non-spoiler fashion only :tiphat:. I like mystery books and would go for it later.
Knowledge is power but one has to be a bookworm! :techie-studyingbrown:
Saliha Hussain
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful In Life
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saliha-hussain.html
Latest Review: Luray by Dennis Haupt

Post by Saliha Hussain »

"Thanks for sharing your thoughts on 'Ten Percent' by D.L. Bruin! It sounds like an intriguing thriller with well-developed characters and intertwining storylines. Your critique regarding the pacing of the plot and the need for further editing provides valuable insights for potential readers. Overall, it seems like an exciting read, especially for fans of mystery and thriller genres. Thanks for the recommendation!"
Latest Review: Luray by Dennis Haupt
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writings for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 432
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a suspenseful thriller in which the classic hunt for a serial killer by a detective leads to various lives intertwining. I'm curious about Cody and Shelly's roles in the story. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”