Review of The Olive Branch

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: The Tiger's Eye by Scott Delaney

Review of The Olive Branch

Post by Florence Daniel »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Olive Branch" by Patrick J Roelle.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

What comes to mind when you hear "olive branch? For many people who love symbolism, that phrase is associated with peace. The Olive Branch by Mr. Pat. Patrick J. Roelle Sr. is a book that focuses on the dire consequences of the perversion of the Islamic religion. The focal point in this book is basically terrorism by Muslim extremists who cherish death more than life.

Ayeza and Logan work discreetly for the CIA and are part of the A team. Saddled with the responsibility to retrieve possibly four nuclear bombs that have been produced in Rawalpindi and Mardan, Pakistan, by outraged Al-Qaeda leaders who are trying to seek revenge for the assassination of their revered leader, Osama bin Laden, the four warheads are meant to destroy America, so to prevent that from happening, the warheads have to be intercepted and recovered by the American militia. They have to pass through four continents, jump high altitudes, and even dive deep into the water to be able to maneuver their way through to the enemy camps. 

With a devastating and horrible childhood experience due to the rigidity of the Islamic laws towards women, Ayeza is forced to abandon her kindred and seek shelter in the European shores. With the constant reminder that Islam has nothing to offer her, she disciplined herself and trained vigorously over the years to become strong, competent, and smart. This was an asset that earned her a right to be a part of this dangerous mission, even though she was a young woman. To explore this fascinating story, you must read The Olive Branch for more insights.

This was a very interesting and educational story. Before now, I had no interest in politics or the activities of terrorists in the Middle East. However, I was ushered into a fast-paced world full of danger, betrayal, and deaths here and there. I've always had a bad perception of Islamic terrorists, but I never understood how deeply their actions affected their victims. The book triggered me to do a little research about the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center and also about the Afghanistan and Pakistan clash with the American government. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, even though it was a long read.

While reading, I came across a few errors, which show that the book is professionally edited. There is nothing I dislike about the book. I have decided to award this book 5 out of 5 stars because of the captivating information in it. I recommend this book to readers who enjoy politics and action.

The Olive Branch
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

The Olive Branch vividly portrays the urgent global struggle against extremism, highlighting the relentless efforts of Ayeza and Logan as they navigate perilous missions to safeguard peace.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writing for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Post by NetMassimo »

A novel centered on a problem that's very important today that is not just an action-packed story but also digs into its ramifications and consequences offering depth in its development. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”