Review of The Girls in the Hall

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 224
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: The Girls in the Hall by Tony Andras
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 73%

Review of The Girls in the Hall

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Girls in the Hall" by Tony Andras.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Four women in their 30s live in a great apartment building and have become good friends. Brian Upjohn buys the apartment building and becomes the live-in landlord. He is not only the perfect landlord but the perfect man. Brian cooks and bakes for them and surprises them with little treats, like homemade bread. He even gets a cat and lets the cat roam the building to sleep with whomever the cat wants to. The cat’s name is Oprah.

However, soon after, a fifth woman takes the last vacant apartment. These women are as different as night and day, but the group senses something is not quite right about this fifth tenant. In fact, something is terribly wrong. Where does she go at night? Why doesn’t she bring any men or boyfriends home?

One of the tenants is a psychologist and begins investigating the strange new tenant. There has also been a rash of murders in the neighborhood, all of them men, and the media thinks that there is a serial killer on the loose. Pick up this book to find out who is committing these murders.

The book, The Girls in the Hall, by Tony Andras, was a great read. It was very entertaining, although a bit corny at times. This landlord, Brian, was just too good to be true. The author did a fantastic job of developing the characters. Each of them had their different personalities and quirks. The book was professionally edited, as I only found one error. There was nothing that I did not like regarding this storyline except the surprise ending. The ending will throw you off guard. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good crime novel. I would not recommend this book for young adults or people who are sensitive, as there is murdering of people and small animals mentioned in the book. Even though I thought the book was a bit corny and had a surprise ending, it did not take away from my enjoyment of reading it, so I am rating this book 5 out of 5 stars.

The Girls in the Hall
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Post by Gerry Steen »

Shirley Ann, you reviewed a good mystery-murder novel. You did a good job of describing the plot without giving a clue as to who the mystery murderer is. I am looking forward to reading this book. Thank you for the great review. :techie-studyinggray:
Kristin Cowan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Women with Partners in Prison by Gini Graham Scott and Peter Anderson

Post by Kristin Cowan »

This sounds like a good thriller! I enjoyed the little aspects of the book that you included in your review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writings for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 432
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Post by NetMassimo »

The fact that this thriller leaves you wondering until the end is positive and the plot makes me curious. What's behind the new tenant's behavior? Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”