Review of Doctor Lucifer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: In a New York Minute by Robert Aliano

Review of Doctor Lucifer

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Doctor Lucifer" by Anthony Lee.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Dr. Mark Lin, an internist at Ivory Memorial Hospital, is highly regarded for his attentive patient care. He's earned the title of doctor of the month for three consecutive months during the COVID-19 pandemic, showcasing his dedication to his patients. Now, amidst yet another pandemic, people are facing what's been termed the cyber pandemic, where hackers unleash the Lucifer Worm on computers far and wide. This insidious malware has impacted every organization, Ivory Memorial Hospital included. Amid this crisis, Mark realizes that a hacker named Doctor Lucifer is targeting him, endangering his patients, and attempting to frame him for the harm caused. Mark must clear his name to avoid the consequences; otherwise, he'll bear the blame. Will Mark manage to escape this predicament? Who is Doctor Lucifer, and what is his connection to the Lucifer Worm? Dive into this captivating thriller to uncover the truth. 

Anthony Lee's "Doctor Lucifer" presents an intriguing tale that immerses readers into the world of medicine, offering insights into the complexities faced by doctors and medical professionals. The book exposes the intricacies, behaviors, and societal perceptions of doctors. Illustrated through Mark's journey from childhood, where he aspired to become a doctor due to his parents' admiration for the profession, it highlights the unforeseen challenges that come with the role. From encountering colleagues like the prideful Dr. Samuel Pierson to facing patient relatives who challenge medical expertise based on their own research, the narrative unveils the complexities of the medical field. Through its portrayal of these scenarios, the book provides insight into the multifaceted nature of being a medical professional.   

What captivated me most about the book was Mark's resolute determination to outmaneuver Doctor Lucifer. My heart pounded as I watched Mark dash around, striving to rescue multiple patients at once amidst the havoc caused by Doctor Lucifer. The author's vibrant and inventive writing style drew me into the narrative, making me feel as though I should leap into the scenes to assist Mark. The story unfolded with such vividness and immediacy that it felt as though I were witnessing events firsthand. I found myself moved to tears during certain poignant moments in this enthralling tale. However, my greatest shock came when the true identity of Doctor Lucifer was revealed. The author skillfully crafted this gripping story, keeping readers engaged with suspense that compels them to eagerly turn the pages, never knowing what twist awaits next.

I give the book a rating of 4 out of 5 stars. I deducted one star due to the difficulty I encountered with some of the medical terminology used throughout the book. Occasionally, I had to consult a dictionary to grasp certain terms, which was somewhat off-putting. It would have been helpful if the author included a glossary at the end of the book. Additionally, although the book was exceptionally well edited, I noticed that some text in the final chapters appeared blurry, making it challenging to read. Despite these issues, the story deeply engaged me and evoked strong emotions, particularly in Mark's final reflections on his journey to Las Vegas.

"Doctor Lucifer" by Anthony Lee is an ideal read for fans of medical thrillers and cybercrime mysteries. If you enjoy stories that blend the tension of a gripping crime thriller with the intricacies of the medical world and the dangers of cyber threats, then this book is tailored for you. 

Doctor Lucifer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writings for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 432
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Post by NetMassimo »

A doctor dealing with a computer virus might seem like a joke but clearly the situation is more like cyberwarfare, so it's very serious indeed for a story that keeps its suspense until the end. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

For the first time, I've come across a fiction story based on the COVID situation. The premise it offers is intriguing, especially when the protagonist is targeted by the villainous doctor. I'm curious to see how it unfolds. Thanks for writing this review; it's made me even more eager to read it.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”